Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Celebrating 20 years of no competitors to SimCity 4

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I’ve had a great time playing SimCity 4, would love to replay after being reminded of it by this thread again. Cities: Skylines, not so much.

The only other thing that comes close is OpenTTD but it’s a transport simulation. Both are great games tho, OpenTTD might actually beat it because of how good the trains system is.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Does anyone play SimCity BuildIt?

I'm kinda hooked on it right now. I dislike some things about it but enjoy the design challenges

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
SimCity is nice but I found it too simple even as a kid. Build grid cities with even distribution of services, balance the RCI bars, fill the map. I wanted more. The disasters were no fun to me. Destroy what you just spent time building so you can build it again? No thanks. SimCity 2000 had an Army base but it didn't really do anything more than the crappy police/fire station. I always wanted a game where you build the city but it gets attacked too and you have to build an army as well. There are some games kind of like that.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SimCity is nice but I found it too simple even as a kid. Build grid cities with even distribution of services, balance the RCI bars, fill the map. I wanted more. The disasters were no fun to me. Destroy what you just spent time building so you can build it again? No thanks. SimCity 2000 had an Army base but it didn't really do anything more than the crappy police/fire station. I always wanted a game where you build the city but it gets attacked too and you have to build an army as well. There are some games kind of like that.
Like Pharaoh, Ceasar etc?

Perkel

Arcane
time to resurrect thread. I'm not youtuber i just record some stuff from time to time due to various reasons like answering someone, argument on 'dex etc. Once i recorded tutorial on how to make small villages in SC4. I think i made this very video for someone on 'dex asking how to make small village. YEARS after i get this in notifications:

image.png

video in question:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom