Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline CDPR ruined the games industry by exposing what it truly is.

Star Citizen

Learned
Witcher 3 was one of the first games to truly offend me at how shit it was. I hated absolutely everything about it, from the garbage writing and characters to the world design, 'gameplay' and progression. Geralt too was a dogshit character, trying to act tough, dropping 'gruff' one-liners like he's Clint Eastwood or some shit but he just comes across as a total fucking pussy wimp. Fuck the praise that shit gets. Legit encapsulates everything I hate about gaming perfectly.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Morrowind's UI works on PC but on console, it's a pain to use it. Games should have 2 different UI, one for PC and the other for consoles, but that would require extra dev time no game dev is willing to spend.

Better take:

Games should only be made for PC.

Consoles should be outlawed.

Sykar

Arcane
MasterRace2-667x342.jpg

:obviously:

Lemming42

Arcane
and shitty replacement license-free stock music that sounds like a Def Leppard cover band that, somehow, manages to be worse than the original.

I enjoyed your post up to this phrase. Now you've gone too far.

Don't worry, I'm just trying to throw people off the scent and hide the fact that the first verse and chorus of Pour Some Sugar On Me has been stuck in my head for about a quarter of a century.

wishbonetail

Learned
The Morrowind's UI works on PC but on console, it's a pain to use it. Games should have 2 different UI, one for PC and the other for consoles, but that would require extra dev time no game dev is willing to spend.

Better take:

Games should only be made for PC.

Consoles should be outlawed.
UIs on old consoles like Snes or MD were perfectly fine, Rpgs or not . We just have to accept that "the arcane art of interface-making" is long lost and forgotten.

Zlaja

Arcane
The Morrowind's UI works on PC but on console, it's a pain to use it.

Bullshit. I remember playing the Xbox version of Morrowind for a while back in 2003 and it was great that they kept the grid style, icon based inventory from the PC version. Saved you the trouble of endless scrolling through all your shit.

Trippy

Novice
Anyway, I'd agree that GOG is an important anti-DRM stance in the modern world, and I still respect CDPR for that. When GOG is inevitably sold to Epic and is liquidated into oblivion, then and only then should we tell CDPR properly to go fuck themselves. But again, we'd only be snarling at a shell corporation at that point, so who cares?
This post oof ouch

Is there a reason every time I see the word Epic I get indescribable phantom pains?

Right? I have to strain to remember when Origin/EA weren't an absolutely evil company. I've gotten used to it. But Epic? The dudes who made Jill of the Jungle and Jazz Jackrabbit (and fucking Unreal, of course) now somehow make Apple look reasonable in a court case? It's... distressing.

There was a time when Tim Sweeney was mentioned in the same breath as John Carmack. All that can be said now is that Carmack was some strange rocket-scientist genius sent from heaven to expose us to the glories of open-source software, whereas Sweeney was just a snake in the grass all along. Some of Sweeney's recent interviews expose the mentality of a deranged, maleficent man. This thread is piling on CDPR, but they're ultimately just a bunch of potato bros trying to make it in a global stock market. Their 'evilness' is nothing compared to Epic, Origin, Ubisoft, Activision, Microsoft, etc...

(I ragged on CDPR, but Activision's recent misadventurers were also quite enough to materially affect the entire NASDAQ in America. So fuck Bobby Kotick way more than anyone in CDPR, for what it's worth)

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
ou may disagree with many AAA studios about the direction and casualization of their game design, but they tend to at least execute on that vision well. They spend a lot of time refining the systems so that they're fun and interesting to engage with instead of just a feature off a list. MGSV, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, and Arkham Knight all came out the same year as The Witcher 3 and while certainly none of them is without their flaws, in terms of intriguing and varied gameplay they're all well superior. But no, fans loved those MATURE storytelling and EPIC cinematics.

It was fine up until this point. Sorry but this is retarded, Fallout 4 is really bad game, it's a popamole enjoyable for dozen of hours for it's novelty, that wears of quickly.

tritosine2k

Erudite
F4 is a gritty salvagepunk game, waaaaaaaaaay grittier than 77 and sets the bar, in fact 77 doesn't even begin to outgrit Todd & co, evidenced by combat drugs for example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom