Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ind33d

Educated
A "beat cop" is an area patrol officer, "beat" is slang for a regular area or field of activity
I thought it's coming from the cop beating the same path over and over as he is doing his patrol on foot.
it comes from what cops do to innocent lunchtime rowdies

KeAShizuku

Novice
money sink
the first news i watched in the elevator mentioned some nanomachine treatment for the absolutely monstrous amount of 700k per month. you can earn that amount in a few days of just grinding random mooks who sit on sidewalks. this is perhaps the single one game which mostly needed survival elements, you should had been constantly strapped for money, crushed by everything being so damn expensive, instead you're told you have weeks to live but are in fact immortal.
the game has no economy since it's piss easy and drops are bountiful, outrageously so once you reach 40, since this game suffers from oblivion-level level scaling, but only for equipment. mobs keep being pushovers. i could grind cops forever, but what's the point if you don't gain loot and neither xp from them?
this game represents everything "cyberpunk" shouldn't be: you're the punisher. all you do is punish criminals, since even policemen are identified as "beat cop", and when you try to do otherwise you're railroaded into paladin life choices.

I compare it to drug dealers. They have money but are either in prison or dead before they turn 30.

melee spec, gorilla arms, i just knocked out a man who's more like an armored tank who's also trained more than muhammad hardass bruce lee and his implants give him pretty much clairvoyance superpowers. according to lore i could punch buildings into orbit and every time i hit anything there's a chance i could start an atomic fusion. i open a door, a 40kg stronk womyn overwhelms me, i get the option "punch" but i lose anyway.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
melee spec, gorilla arms, i just knocked out a man who's more like an armored tank who's also trained more than muhammad hardass bruce lee and his implants give him pretty much clairvoyance superpowers. according to lore i could punch buildings into orbit and every time i hit anything there's a chance i could start an atomic fusion. i open a door, a 40kg stronk womyn overwhelms me, i get the option "punch" but i lose anyway.
Has +4 to body checks from gorrila arms and still got cucked absolutely beta behaviour :lol:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No, you got overwhelmed by the president of NUSA and a former CEO of Militech (not to mention a professional soldier with years of experience).

She might look like a frail lady but probably has cyberware that you never heard of, because it's not available not even on a black market.

Still, she can be beaten. You just didn't have it in you.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Corny as it sounds", just makes it sound more corny. But this is Cyberpunk, so corny is the way to go.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
40kg stronk womyn overwhelms me, i get the option "punch" but i lose anyway.
in cyberpunk 2.0, all stat checks became lvl scaled. Quite retarded indeed. Eventually you need 20s to resolve anything, quite quickly

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom