Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cannon Fodder 3

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
What's exactly wrong with CF3? Amiga CF was just a difficult shooter with simple controls. I can't imagine how would they screw it up now, unless they dumbed difficulty level and turned this into effortless popamole. Can't tell too much just by watching gameplay video, maybe I'll run demo later.

Kwota

Augur
Cannon Fodder is a puzzle game, not a shooter. Anyone who has completed the original will know this.

It a simple game from more elegant times. Boot hill with the graves and the subtle (or not so subtle) satirical elements were what really made the game what it was. All obviously missing from the so called "sequel".

Only puzzle elements that I remember from the original elements were from categories "what should I blast first" , "should I go with a bazooka or just nade it" and in later levels "how much guys should stay on the button that calls the chopper to not get killed before I get to the other one ", nowhere near subtlety of a real puzzle game like Commandos... I do agree that calling it simply a shooter is wrong and doesn't define what this game is - an action game with simple management options, and in case of CF2 a very steep difficulty curve.

I do fully agree about satire in the new Cannon Fodder which seems nonexistant, russians aren't british afterall.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah... When the game is named "Cannon Fodder" you're kinda missing the point if you make a game about righteous soldiers fighting evil terroristas...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Not exactly true dear Haba, here's an excellent read from Stuart "Stu" Campbell about CF 2 or as he wrote it: "So here it is: Cannon Fodder 2 - The Untold Story; It's a playing guide; an explanation; a long-lost plotline; a clearing-up of some mysteries;"

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/cf2/cf2.htm

Cannon Fodder 2? What do you mean? There was never a Cannon Fodder 2...

No, I've read the article and I *know*. CF3 is a faithful sequel in that sense that it continues the decline started in CF2. CF2 fell apart for the exactly same reasons. God, I raged so hard at Mission 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom