Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call to Power II mods?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
As some of you may remember my main beef with Civ 1 and 2, and even SMAC, is that once you have mastered them they tend to become very predictable. So any new game of Civ 1, 2 and to a lesser degree SMAC, develop along the same predictable lines, and thus they are not very replayable for single player at least.

For this reason Master of Orion is easily my favourite 4X game, with it's semi-random tech and asymmetric races making the game unpredictable enough to be replayable even after you have won with every race on highest difficulty.

Now Call to Power II is next on my play list. Being a Civ clone/sequel I don't have very much hope for it, but according to Wikipedia

One significant feature of Call to Power II is its support for mods. A large number of game rules are stored in text files, along with many AI scripts.

The game's community created many mods, with the primary goals of fixing the AI and balance issues that were in the original game. Later, new game play features were incorporated through mods as well. These mods allowed the community to enjoy the game more, as they fixed at least some of the worst problems in Call to Power II.

Anyone have experience with these mods?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom