Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brad Wardell possibly disapproves of F3?

*sigh* Every man worth having his cock sucked by the masses has a major flaw.

The Stardock audience is loyal and PC gamers refer to them as some shining example of something but the newer games will probably be using Stardock's put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is DRM.

Silellak

Cipher
Spec said:
PorkaMorka said:
So on Stardock's announced agenda is

A turn based strategy game

An isometric RPG

A MOO2 clone

and a Star Control sequel

I'm pretty skeptical because honestly that sounds too good to be true. It's like they're catering directly to the demands of embittered old gamers such as myself. Those are pretty much all things we've been asking for for a long time.

In all fairness that's kind of what Stardock does. They target the more discerning (generally older) gamers with meatier gameplay and less graphical polish than the megapublishers. Brad himself has also gone on record saying that the reason they get away without DRM on thier titles is because they target a demographic more likely to purchase than pirate, particularly when the game is of "exceptional quality".

For this reason I keep buying their games even though a measurable percentage of every puchase ends up in the hands of the GOP. (Brad's a CRAZY right winger. I love Stardock but I wish Brad would cut out his lavish political donations.)

<stalker>

In case anyone was curious, as I was, here is his political blog:

http://draginol.joeuser.com/

</stalker>

ushdugery

Scholar
Applegate's Breasts said:
*sigh* Every man worth having his cock sucked by the masses has a major flaw.

The Stardock audience is loyal and PC gamers refer to them as some shining example of something but the newer games will probably be using Stardock's put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is DRM.
The DRM is being developed inhouse to be sold to other people not used by them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom