Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

bored, need a game

Exmit

Scholar
any recommendations?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
+1 for world of goo :thumbsup:

Braid is pretentious shit. Not nearly as clever as it thinks it is.

Good ol' Bridge builder/Pontifex was neat too.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Grunker said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_and_Magic_VII:_For_Blood_and_Honor

God dammit, I had a dream that I had absolutely beautiful, leather-bound collector's editions of all the M&M games on display. You just reminded me. Now I'm sad. Why did you do that?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Battlezone 1

Great and atmospheric FPRTS. Love sliding through Venus landscapes in the acid atmosphere with lightnings everywhere. Solar system is in fact so cool.

Achilles

Arcane
Alpha Protocol. I'm serious, it's worth a playthrough. Dragon Age is also a good option, Risen as well. Any particular genre you are interested in?

Exmit

Scholar
ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_and_Magic_VII:_For_Blood_and_Honor

might try it

For you, Aquaria.

derp

World of Goo
playing now, quite good

didn't like it

Alpha Protocol. I'm serious, it's worth a playthrough. Dragon Age is also a good option, Risen as well. Any particular genre you are interested in?

played AP and turned it off middle 1st level , da also.
all genres

i might try bz1

Just get Europa Universalis 3 complete then download the Heir to the Throne expansion. It is my stock suggestion for anyone on a downer with gaming.

oscar

Arcane
Why is EUII better then EUIII btw? Gameplay doesn't seem to of changed much and 3D graphics :?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Exmit said:
For you, Aquaria.

derp

At least get the demo before you discard it entirely. :p

It's not manly and grimdark - and the story gets a bit too saccharine for my liking after Li - but it's still quite good and more original than most of the crap you find these days.

It's also one of the most beautiful games released last decade.

Multi-headed Cow

Mount and Blade Warband
Nation Red
Team Fortress 2
Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers
Borderlands
Torchlight
Civilization 4 with Beyond the Sword with Fall from Heaven
Hide the Sausage

Can't say Braid was a good game, but it's almost there as a one run-through puzzle to kill idle work hours. Some of the OST I rather liked, though.

Out of the recent 'casual' games for when you're bored, my favourite remains Plants vs Zombies, so that's what I recommend if you haven't played it.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
oscar said:
Why is EUII better then EUIII btw? Gameplay doesn't seem to of changed much and 3D graphics :?

The more historical nature of EU II makes it better than stock EU III. EU III is basically a sandbox game with historically more or less correct initial starting point but after you start, all the countries tend to act randomly and with little historical basis.

Some people like this, but for me personally I want countries to at least approximate history and try to develop along historical lines, doing better or worse depending on the situation they face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom