Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard fails/succeeds at SC 2 censoring

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So I've been browsing Bli$$ard's SC2 forums the other day to see what the general consensus on the game and the campaign is, and found this pearl:

Link: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic ... 423?page=1

Apparently they introduced some draconian censorship measures for the maps people make - no f-words and alike. The hillarious thing about it is that their own campaign won't go through the filter :D

I especially like reaction of the fanboys to it, particularly how it was ESRB who FORCED them to do so. Bli$$ard sure knows its target audience :(

Way to go, Blizz. :thumbsup:

What do you ladies, trannies and gentlemen make of this?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Skrow said:
I agree with you, their censorship is ridiculous.

But just to play devil's advocate here, I think they would have stronger censorship on user made content because people can use foul language irresponsibly, like dropping mid-level swear words every minute or two of the game.

Blizzard knows that they can trust their own games to use inappropriate content in a tasteful way.

For an analogy, in America we all have the right to own guns. However, the police and military have more privilege in using deadly weapons because they are more responsible.

The over-zealous "WE must protect teh kiddiez & unicornz!" crusade seems to have launched around the same time korea wanted to gve SC2 an 18+ rating. :roll:

Given the amount of "Nekkid boobiez!" and "Xtreem Death Vampyre Raep!" mods you have to wade through for your average game, the poster has a point. Why they couldn't slap an "Online Interactons not rasted by ESRB" notice on the box instead and call it a day, I dunno. If I was ot hazard a guess, it would be
bobby-kotick-money-bags.jpg

relootz

Scholar
Looking at all the topics i declare SC2 a RESOUNDING SUCCES!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Konjad said:
the more i read about this game the less i want to buy it... hmmm...

PM'ed you a guest key with 7 hours of game time. Should be enough to let you figure out if you like the game or not.

hanssolo

Educated
suicide! wouldn't want the little blizzfagtards getting ideas? kotick could be held responsible for fat 13yo boy killing himself after playing a map with 'suicide' in the title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom