Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Talons - a sci-fi RTS

pandoro8a

Barely Literate
Hi there!

I’m Sergio from Camel101 and I'm new at RPG Codex but I see all of your lastest topics every day. At this time, I want to share with you Black Talons, the video game that we are working for. I hope you like!

blacktalons00.png

WHAT IS BLACK TALONS?

A new real time tactics game set in a sci-fi universe, featuring a mercenary commander trying to prevail in a ravaged star system. Black Talons is a new incursion on the universe we discovered on Gemini Wars. The game is still in development for Windows, Mac and Linux systems, and more details about the release date will be provided soon.

KEY FEATURES
  • Persistent and customizable squads.
  • Deep campaign mode. The actions of the player directly affect the balance of power on the system. There is one main objective to achieve, but there's much more to do.
  • Customizable Battlecruiser. The Battlecruiser serves as the base of operations, and can be customized with weapons or infrastructures that will boost the squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bombard the battlefield.
  • Faction relations. There are a number of neutral minor factions in the game. These factions will have missions available for contract work. When the player completes missions for a certain faction, the relations will improve with that faction. On the other hand, completing missions against a faction will lower the relations with it. Having good relations allows the player to train or buy units unique to that faction. Having bad relations will make that faction randomly attack the player during missions.
  • Upgradeable and unique (per class) skill tree for all units.
  • 5 worlds with different environments and weather conditions that directly affect the battle: rain, fog, snow, ionstorms and more insane stuff.
  • Different unit classes with specialized roles: Recon, Tactical, Assault, Support, Engineer. Each class can carry a different set of weapons and has its own abilities. Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield with salvaged or bought equipment and weapons.
IMAGES
Here we have the a few images of the gameplay which is work in progress.

UPDATES
  • This is our FIRST TEASER showing a quick glance of the mercs fighting in different environments. Enjoy it!

MORE INFO
Please don't hesitate to ask whatever questions you have. Write me, and I will reply as soon as possible. I would thank you any feedback!

laclongquan

Arcane
Cautiously fappable~

Question:
1. What type of combat environment is it? Rigid (nondestructible) is soooooooo last century. JA2 has made use of destructible field, and silent storm series/hammer sickle have made use of 3D environment (left right and updown) beside that. So I am curious about your decision.

2. The troopers: Faceless entities the way of UFO ET or semi-recognizable of Fallout Tactic. Or Full NPC the way of JA2? I can tell you faceless is OUT in my book. I hate command and sacrifice faceless troopers.

Just these two first.

Dr Tomo

Learned
  • Is there a break down on the costs (100k) of each piece of the nice pie chart that was provided?
  • When this KS is successful, what is the release date that is being looked at?
  • Also when the KS is successful, is this studio planning to do twitch live streams like what Klei Entertainment did with Incognita?
  • Out of curiosity is there a plan B with KS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom