Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Birth of America

Jason

chasing a bee
http://www.birth-of-america.com/
Anyone know much about this game? Anyone beta test it?
It's coming out next week or so, but I just found out about it today. It combines the French & Indian Wars and the War of Independence.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I was going to make some fun about wanting to be able to genoxide the natives, or spread smallpox through blankets or throw tea in the harbor...but I'm not.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Meh. Not certain the subject matter appeals.
But that's because, you know, I'm not a yankee.

Then again, I'm not from Europe either, but strategy games set there definitely appeal to me :?

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Trash said:
I was going to make some fun about wanting to be able to genoxide the natives, or spread smallpox through blankets or throw tea in the harbor...but I'm not.
What's wrong with you?

edit @Shagnak: Honeymoon over already?

LaDoushe

Scholar
Wasn't this the title to the silent film about the foundation of the KKK? It was by DW. Griffith and was three hours long, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: whups, its "Birth of a Nation," my bad: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0004972/
still, the nation in question is America, so I'm still vicariously offended for my african american coleagues.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Frau Bishop said:
edit @Shagnak: Honeymoon over already?
Hah, yeah...

Unfortunately we couldn't really have a proper honeymoon.
I haven't accumulated enough leave in my new job, and the missus is a school teacher so doesn't really get to choose her holidays.
So we both took leave without pay (ouch!), which we could only do for so long. Stayed within the borders of NZ, even.

I have a heap of photos but I'll have to photo-chop them to disguise the guilty before I'd post them here :wink:

I'm thinking maybe we'll skip across the ditch to Oz, or go to one of the Pacific Islands, later in the year.

Jason

chasing a bee
Come to California and you can sleep in my beautiful backyard. As long as you don't mind sharing your honeymoon with an unstable pit bull, a jack russell terrier with a humping obsession, and a cat that secretly plots your murder.

LCJr.

Erudite
No demo? Somewhat irrational but the lack of a demo always makes me a little leery.

Jason

chasing a bee
It's could be they've got the same attitude as Stardock (GalCiv2): get the game out at the target date for all those preordering customers and worry about a demo later.
Or maybe they do have something to hide....(duh duh dunnn).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom