Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda's Fallout 3 website sucks

colonel74

Novice
The whole website is about bethesda crapping on about how great the game is going to be. It's filled with pages of fallout merchandise and articles of how they go about making the game.

f*&k, does anyone remember the Arcanum website. It got you hooked on the game before you even started playing it. It was filled with things such as newspaper articles, a wax recording of Franklin Payne and even a short story on Perriman Smith's adventures.

Now that website was a work of art. It seems that not only are good manuals a thing of the past but also good websites.

Looking at how commercial and f*&ked up Bethesda's website is should be a good reflection on what the game will be like.

god I miss Troika.

Gnidrologist said:
Try harder.
What are you talking about? He likes Arcanum and hates Bethesda. He totally has cred here now. We should all like this guy and comment on how awesome he is.

Texas Red

Whiner
I got the crappy virtual manual for a legitimately purchased Arcanum but you're right, it is absolutely fantastic. For those who don't know, it gives a lot of lore in RPing way. Races are described in depth from a perspective of a scientist.

WalterKinde

Scholar
All game websites these days are made to hype the game and sell merchandise with stuff you don't need or want to read and a bitch to navigate.
Flash graphics with music and the trailer playing in the background, not mention if they used simple html i wouldn't be stuck with those damn flash "loading" screens while they try to impress me and waste my time with how "cool' their flash animations are.
All you really want is either to

a) Read up on what the game is about
b) System requirements
c) Release Date
d) Look at some legit screenshots

The first two points are always a disappointment they will list like 2 lines about what the game is about and thats it, no system requirements etc iinstead you will have to look for the forum link to get a general idea of what the system requirements may be.
The Release date will be splashed on the front page unless they have to back pedal and push forward the date.
The screenshot gallery will be huge but they still won't list what were the system settings of the pc from which the screenshots were taken so you have an idea of what you need to upgrade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom