Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda Responds to Fallout 4 Reports

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
It seems there can't be enough of this lulz.

Following up on a Reuters report that suggested Bethesda could release Fallout 4 in 2011, marketing VP Pete Hines has labeled the speculation as "jumping to conclusions, and then some."

"An accurate headline would probably be, 'Fallout 4 before 2018,' since that's what he really said (10 years is too long)," Hines explained to Edge Online.

In the report, executive producer Todd Howard noted his belief that the ten-year wait between Fallout 2 and Fallout 3--due October 28 on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360--was too long, adding that three years between games was a good span.

Unitl very recently, fans have been waiting, at least that's correct.

However, Howard did not mention specifically mention Fallout 4, suggesting that his quote may have been taken out of context and may instead refer to Bethesda's next major game, which could be another entry in its acclaimed Elder Scrolls series.

I guess it will suck, too ..

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55543

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Or maybe you stop crying and whining like an over dramatic teenage drama queen. Nah. 'Cause then this would no longer be the Codex we know.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Volourn said:
Or maybe you stop crying and whining like an over dramatic teenage drama queen. Nah. 'Cause then this would no longer be the Codex we know.
That sums it up neatly :P

Chefe

Erudite
Can't they at least wait until this one has been released?

God damn... "Where's Fallout 4?!?! OMG WTFBBQ!! "
Just play Fallout 3 first, okay Billy?

St. Toxic

Arcane
I love entertaining myself with disjointed speculation on what a dumbed down originally dumbed down version of a dumbed down game looks and plays like. B)

Drakron

Arcane
St. Toxic said:
I love entertaining myself with disjointed speculation on what a dumbed down originally dumbed down version of a dumbed down game looks and plays like. B)

You know ... I would not call it "dumbed down", I am playing (well SCREAMING AT THE SCREEN actually) Bully on the PC and its hard and its hard not just because the controls are utter fucked up (and they are) or because of stupid gameplay decisions but because the whole requires so much constant player input and we have to adapt to very different types types of gameplay.

The biggest issue I have is at some point someone hit the head on the sink and decided the best thing for RPGs are MINI GAMES! for everything the character SHOULD know to do.

I want to DIRECT the charcter action, not ACT the character and as much FO3 might have a acceptable gameplay experience it does not change the fact they require far too much Player Input by the use of mini games for the use of skills and so move away from the RPG experience into a more "arcade" experience.

And the worst is the only reason they done it is because ITS A FAD, as Bully is a typical Rockstar game and so uses the usual Rockstar type of gameplay, Fallout 3 simply have the lockpicking and hacking mini games gimmick because ... its a fad, they have no reason to add then but at least they did not added a "Simon-Say" Button Pressing (God, do I hate those things) as BioWare did in Mass Effect.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Hacking is logic-based. It was really fun to watch the dumbasses on the video streams miss obvious answers.

Helton

Arcane
Yeah Bully sucked.

"Holy shit the instructions for that mini-game were completely inadequete and I don't even know why I failed miserably. Well I'll try again and see if I can't figure... What do you mean I have to play another 4 hours before I can go to that class again!?"

S_Verner

Scholar
Helton said:
Yeah Bully sucked.

"Holy shit the instructions for that mini-game were completely inadequete and I don't even know why I failed miserably. Well I'll try again and see if I can't figure... What do you mean I have to play another 4 hours before I can go to that class again!?"

Please tell me you pirated it instead of giving money to those cretins?

Drakron

Arcane
Well I was talking more about how the "action" key being the "R" key, since it follows up the typical WASD I end up pressing the "E" key, to make things worst the sprint key is the "Left Alt" Key so its really feels someone fucked up the layout that simply is unnatural.

One of the mini game I have a lot of difficulty is the Chemistry Simon-Says one because they decided to use the WASD keys, the mouse buttons, the Q AND the E key so I always screw up.

(I liked the biology one, then again it was dissecting things instead of ... pressing keys and buttons when they are in a certain area of the screen)

There are worst things of course, for example the Biology Mini Game works fine because its simply more advanced, not just HARDER ... unlike the Music Mini game were not only the beat gets harder but the percentage required to pass gets bigger, that is just stupid since I could accept one (beat more difficult, same percentage or same beat, higher percentage) but not both, its simply making things even HARDER for the player.

And Jaime Lanniste, Hacking being "logic-based" is beyond the point ... hacking is not "guess the password" but breaking into the system even if they have to bypass the password.

Making the player "guess" the password is once again putting the PLAYER skills over the CHARACTER skills, I find that unacceptable ... mini games for skill use have no place on any proper RPGs.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Drakron said:
Making the player "guess" the password is once again putting the PLAYER skills over the CHARACTER skills, I find that unacceptable ... mini games for skill use have no place on any proper RPGs.

Did you watch the videos? You have to have a minumum hacking skill to even attempt certain hacks, and it gets easier when you raise your hacking skill.

It's a combination, and I, personally, like logic-puzzles. It's not dumbing down, that's for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom