Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best way to cheat in Pillars of Eternity

PrettyDeadman

I always feel restricted by games' systems imperfections and oversights. For example - why should you be gated off certain content because you don't meet certain arbitrary stat requirement? Etc. Which is why I often use cheats to repair game for myself and make it more fair/entertaining. If anything - to not feel cheated out of game content because you don't have certain number in you stat and to witness some interesting interactions between the game mechanics and cheats. A lot of the games are more interested that way. One of the biggest late examples of this is AOD. If you use cheats you don't have to do with (this fantastic) game BS and enjoy the good parts.

After the changes made to POE in 2.0 I feel like I can't keep up with the POE BS anymore and have to fix it using cheats.

What is in your opinion best character build to cheat in POE? Which build wouk benefit the most from cheating (giving more stats, more skills points, more perks and etc) in terms of fun and opening new ways to play the game? How much cheating is too much? Etc.

Thank you.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Well, in PoE the inns do buff your stats, a really curious aspect. I guess no one really bothers going back to rest at your stronghold to buff you up royally, especially when bandits can destroy your resources while en route, so you're often limited to what the local inn provides. But still it can make you go without cheating. In some phases inns aren't even available though.

Prime Junta

Wait for the 3.0 patch. It has a "Story" mode. No cheating required.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom