Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Shadowrun modules/adventures

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
well, I'm now doing this, I better not regret it :negative:

You'll have to google around for "Shadowrun Missions" otherwise. I think dumpshock has some of them archived somewhere. It's been a while so I can't remember where I got mine.
If you're planning to run a full adventure (more than 1-2 sessions), I dunno about brainscan. Maybe if one of your players insists on being a decker (boo! hiss!).

UB/Bug City are good settings but unusual for runners since you're basically playing postapoc larp with murderinsects. Queen Euphoria is another insect spirit adventure (but quite good), that uses more traditional running structure. Same goes with Missing Blood, but it's slightly more lovecraftian.
On The Run was quite well received by my players, but I had tweaked the ending because it was god damn

idiotic to have Vampire Elvis as the BBEG

But the premise of the run is interesting and the adventure is very well written for new GMs.

Other classic adventures worth looking at would be Blood in the Boardroom, Dreamchipper and Mercurial. Elven Fire is good and low-key as well. But it's full of bloody elves. D:

So to summarize:
Queen Euphoria: Insect spirits + rock star
Universal Brotherhood/Bug City: Post apoc chicago + insect spirits
Missing blood: More insect spirits with a dash of lovecraft
On the Run: Find never before published album of rock star that went into hiding because vampires
Blood in the boradroom: Civil war in renraku from when Fuchi split off and became their own thing
Dreamchipper: BTL chips being rused to turn people into serial killers. Murder mystery
Mercurial: The original super rockstars, rollerblades and 1980s adventure. Foil kidnapping attempts as Marica Mercurials past catches up with her
Elven Fire: Biker gang war as someone tries to dismantle the Ancients go-gang (biker gang with ties ot the elven nation of Tir Taingre)

Try to avoid immortal elves (eg: Harlequin), mega AIs (Brainscan/RAS), Dragons etc for the first couple of runs. A lot of those adventures have anticlimactic endings where the players are basically spectators as the "important NPCs" do their thing.

Last edited:

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So to summarize:
Queen Euphoria: Insect spirits + rock star
Universal Brotherhood/Bug City: Post apoc chicago + insect spirits
Missing blood: More insect spirits with a dash of lovecraft
On the Run: Find never before published album of rock star that went into hiding because vampires
Blood in the boradroom: Civil war in renraku from when Fuchi split off and became their own thing
Dreamchipper: BTL chips being rused to turn people into serial killers. Murder mystery
Mercurial: The original super rockstars, rollerblades and 1980s adventure. Foil kidnapping attempts as Marica Mercurials past catches up with her
Elven Fire: Biker gang war as someone tries to dismantle the Ancients go-gang (biker gang with ties ot the elven nation of Tir Taingre)

Try to avoid immortal elves (eg: Harlequin), mega AIs (Brainscan/RAS), Dragons etc for the first couple of runs. A lot of those adventures have anticlimactic endings where the players are basically spectators as the "important NPCs" do their thing.

Late to the party, but I would add "Eye Witness" to the list : nice little detective adventure. Very linear, but you can mod it into something good I think. First module I ever ran for SR, it worked very well with players new to the setting.
Last season of SR Missions for SR4 (Seattle) was actually quite good too, with the choices between factions and stuff, especially the ork underground arc. They're pretty railroaded as they're meant as convention adventures but if the players engage with the setting, it can be pretty fun. Mine ended up restoring the whole ork underground, falsifying elections, kidnapping politicians, etc. and pretty much coming up with their own runs for each sessions. They're easy to find online or on drivethrurpg, otherwise I can post them somewhere.

rohand

Cipher
I like to find inspiration in novels and make adventures partly based on them.

We ran a "Never Trust an Elf" campaign and it was pretty fun

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Anyone know if a 5th Ed of the Sixth World Almanac is planned?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom