Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best multiplayer in an FPS game?

Destroid

Arcane
Why on earth would you make tribes an MMO? That's pretty stupid.

T2 is available for free and there are still players going at it, although none with a reasonable ping from where I live unfortunately :( I couldn't get T1 working properly (I always preferred it) but I think some people still play it too.

TF2 is pretty unskillful if you only want to play it in pubs on weekends around the 32 player spambowl instaspawn servers. If you're living in America or in Europe though it'd take a lot of practice before you can make it into the top 5 teams, let alone complexity or whatever the current EU #1 is. They definitely have some good team members, and it can be rather tricky keeping up with communications when defending the gravelpit tower from all entrances.

baronjohn

Cipher
I've had the most fun in tremulous. Two totally different but masterfully balanced sides, very different game each time, and serious teamplay.

orao

Novice
Bad Company 2 is good for what it is, a consolised Battlefield. It never pretended to be more.
They just better make Battlefield 3 really good and pc oriented.
I enjoy BC2, CS, and the odd jaunt in hat fortress 2 (even if it's casual... it's still fun!).
Natural Selection for half life is a fantastic mod too.
NS2 could be really good but right now it's laggy/buggy. If they fix it up it could be fantastic. I think they might be having money problems and are trying to rush beta because they need more preorders.

ElectricOtter

baronjohn said:
I've had the most fun in tremulous. Two totally different but masterfully balanced sides, very different game each time, and serious teamplay.
\
This, but BF1942 + Forgotten Hope is pretty good too.

Destroid

Arcane
orao said:
Bad Company 2 is good for what it is, a consolised Battlefield. It never pretended to be more.
They just better make Battlefield 3 really good and pc oriented.
I enjoy BC2, CS, and the odd jaunt in hat fortress 2 (even if it's casual... it's still fun!).
Natural Selection for half life is a fantastic mod too.
NS2 could be really good but right now it's laggy/buggy. If they fix it up it could be fantastic. I think they might be having money problems and are trying to rush beta because they need more preorders.

I hope not... I think I read those guys raised over 600k for that game, I wouldn't think money would be a big problem unless they are paying themselves too much or the art assets they commission are really expensive.

Oesophagus

Arcane
relootz said:
Counter-Strike 1.6
:thumbsup:
Beats CSS IMO, some weird shit going on there. Or I might have recently had my ass handed to me so now I'm just butthurt :oops:

Quake 3 was the tits for some time, QW aswell. Now I get raeped to hard to enjoy it online

Destroid

Arcane
So much less variety in games these days :( Not just in terms of what is produced, but what people play too, the mod populations are way down on say 2000-2005.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Takeda Kenshi said:
Q1, and yes people still play it.

We still play Q3 frequently on lan parties, next to the usual suspects (UT 2k4, C&C Generals, CS 1.6 etc.).

Maybe it'd be worth to try an older Quake game on our next lan for chance.

Nihilism

Educated
Destroid said:
Zed said:
Number one:
No%20One%20Lives%20Forever%20cate-archer-010_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

That's NOLF2.

Quake 2.
Battlefield 1942.
Goldeneye.
Perfect Dark.

Consolefag detected.

Just a fag detected.

Nihilism

Educated
GarfunkeL said:
Hey, NOLF and NOLF2 were great PC-games as well, as was Q2 and BF1942. He had two console games out of five there, so no need to go overboard.

lol, I was referring to the guy that called him a consolefag. If you didn't have fun playing GoldenEye 007, there is something wrong. And I love NOLF, Quake and BF, as well.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
To be honest, I had fun playing Goldeneye back when it came out, and I even replayed it about 3 years back or so. But when I booted it up this year it was just... I couldn't handle it, it hasn't aged well at all. Turok 2 is much superior in the ways of console FPS.

Destroid

Arcane
Never understood the hype for Goldeneye 64, played it a bunch of times, always seemed pretty bad to me.

MP that is, I didn't have a 64 so I didn't play the singleplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom