Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Larian game?

Best Larian game?

• Total voters

Ryzer

Arcane
I know there is already a thread but it is now outdated, so here is a new one about our friends from Belgium.

Dodo1610

Arcane
1.Baldurs Gate 3

2. Divinty Original Sin 2
3. Divinity 2 Ego Draconis

4. Divinity Original Sin
5. Divine Divinty

6. Dragon Commander

7. Beyond Divinity

BG3 is their best work yet even in the current unfinished state. Beyond Divinity is the only one I haven't finished because I didn't enjoy it at all.
They also made an RTS and Kids game which I haven't played at all.

Sizzle

Arcane
Personally - Divinity II: Ego Draconis.

It's the only Larian game where the humor worked (at least some of the time), and the game was often charming and fun without being obnoxious (like their later titles).

Also, while the story was never its high point, at least it had a clear goal and you understood what you were supposed to be doing. Contrast that to DOS 1 and 2, where the plot is less about the natural progression of the story, and more a random string of unrelated setpieces that the designers thought would look cool.

Last edited:
Divinity II:Ego Draconis is my most favorite RPG. I know it's impossible but I'd like to see Remake of this game at least. It would be great. Divinity II is best and unique Dragon Themed RPG in my opinion.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Divine Divinity

The game had so many bugs, some game breaking. But I still managed to play through it three times over the years.

Couldnt get through Beyond Divinty. Wasnt enough like Divine Divinty which I was comparing it to. That was many years ago. Anyone have thoughts on playing Beyond Divinity?

I have tried to play Divinity Original Sin and just couldnt get past the humour. I tried twice with Divinity Original Sin classic and once with Enchanced although I have no idea what the enhanced part did as I never cared enough to read about it. I have to say though that playing with a friend might make it tolerable. Is the combat worth getting through the ill attempt at humour?

Selecting Baldurs Gate 3 (haven't played it) seems a bit premature.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
DivDiv is rightly leading the poll.

A turn based DivDiv (D:OS) sounded good in the beginning, but Swen pulled a Todd Howard and turned it into a very static, puzzle combat world.

Instead of churning out mediocre turn based RPG's they should have kept on perfecting the isometric ARPG, because Diablo on RPG steroids is actually a very fun thing to play, unlike all their other games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom