Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BEAST now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BEAST; False Prophet

Greetings travelers!

Today is a special day when BEAST enters the realm of Early Access and is available to play now!
We sincerely invite you to be one of the first to try our first production as a False Prophet Dev Team. Your feedback is now a crucial part of our strategy for further updates and patches so please feel free to post it here on the Steam forum or on our official Discord channel.

Below is some good info to help you have a good time with your exclusive code! Please read through it all.
  • We recommend playing with a mouse and keyboard for now.
  • You are playing exclusive pre-alpha content.
  • Early Access Steam opens October 25th
  • Full game Release in 2024.
  • You will experience the story from two sides with Anton and later, Prince Nicolai.
WHAT IS THE CURRENT STATE & CONTENT OF THE EARLY ACCESS VERSION?
  • The EA version is currently in the Pre-Alpha (early) state and contains a chunk of the game (and bugs) with over 20 playable missions, 2 main characters, 7 enemy classes, 11 enemy types, and 40 weapon types. Many hours of replayable fun await! Localized versions of the game will arrive later this year.
TIPS, TRICKS & MORE TALKING POINTS
  • We recommend checking out all three tutorials to fully understand the uniqueness of the system.
  • Remember to collect consumable crates. Ammunition is very valuable and a very limited resource in BEAST.
  • If you score a critical hit you will see some bloody and gory dismemberment.
  • There will be difficulty levels from easier to hardcore where if you die, it’s permanent and you’ll have to restart the game.
In addition to the Early Access release, be prepared for an official DEVELOPER LIVE STREAM starting just after 5 PM CEST. During the stream, we will show you the basics of the game and we will go through the first stages of the game together! If you have any questions some small Q&A will be also available!

See you all here on the Steam BEAST Store Page
False Prophet Team​

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145630/BEAST/

Falksi

Arcane
F8eB2Zd.png

elverkongen

Learned
Tried it. It's fucking dreadful. MC's voice in cutscenes is way different from his voice in game. Lots of edgy shit for nu-Christians. Haven't heard any more black metal yet. It's also pretty fucking linear.

Barbarian

Arcane
Tried it. It's fucking dreadful. MC's voice in cutscenes is way different from his voice in game. Lots of edgy shit for nu-Christians. Haven't heard any more black metal yet. It's also pretty fucking linear.

"edgy shit for nu-christians"? What do you mean?

Last edited:

Joyvankek

Learned
F8eB2Zd.png

When you have to resort to attracting lone incels with butts, you dont really believe in your game
Depends, they may be going for atmosphere of decadence mixed with supernatural elements set in dark and gritty middle ages. Where you had nobility or even upper elements of priesthood involved in orgies and other such things.
But I'm being optimistic here... Looking at the state of gaming you maybe right that it's just attempt to drag more horny elements to the game.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
It seems like a leftover from The Witcher, but I'm glad that eroticism is back in games, as is gratuitous violence. Can you imagine something like this in 2016-2019?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I mean the game has a distinct style. That's good. I just think it's shallow as a puddle and linear. Their focus seems to be on presentation and cutscenes/VO so gameplay suffers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom