Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Battletech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Battletech is a great universe that has been around for a long time. However, they only made 1 computer RPG: The Crescent Hawk's Inception.

Here's an introduction to the first hour or so of this great game. It has held up well over the last 30+ years, and it remains one of the better CRPGs out there.

EDIT: Also, I just realised that I used the inbuilt webcam mic instead of my (slightly better) alternative mic. Oh well, enjoy the shit audio quality. If I make another episode I'll use the proper mic.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I enjoyed the game back in the days, but using a pirated copy I was not able to complete it.
When I tried to replay it 5+ years ago I couldn't stomach the real time combat.

Inspectah

Savant
I wanna follow your Channel to help a fallow old nerd out, but I may not have the time in the next few weeks to watch fuckall

Now, I've heard that if I follow someone but don't actually watch the content I may be fucking with the channel's visibillity, that true?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wanna follow your Channel to help a fallow old nerd out, but I may not have the time in the next few weeks to watch fuckall

Now, I've heard that if I follow someone but don't actually watch the content I may be fucking with the channel's visibillity, that true?

Thanks, I'm not trying to grow that channel so it's all good. I just use it as an easy way to host and link videos, the views come from outside of YouTube. If people want to support my hobby projects, I have a site (antiquitystudio.com) that links to games and other things.

I'm not sure how the algorithm currently works on YouTube. It seems every so often there's a big shakeup and people complain about radical changes in viewing numbers.

I'm not going to make another video of this playthrough, although I'm vaguely tempted to make a video where I show how to get the urbanmech.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
This game is brilliant and it sort of disappointed me that PDX's battletech wasn't an attempt to replicate it instead it was an attempt to bring the tabletop over. I always felt that Battletech worked better as a pure CRPG anyway because it correctly captures the non-mech elements better than any other game.
I think the most impressive thing about it is that its an Open World Mech game, you jump in your mech drive around the world map doing quests for people and customising your lance along the way. Its the only Mechwarrior/Battletech game to have done that.

Very impressive for an 80s game. The reason why I started playing it was because I had just finished Mines of Titan and noticed that this game was very similar and I'd already played Wasteland so that wasn't an option lol.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
This game is brilliant and it sort of disappointed me that PDX's battletech wasn't an attempt to replicate it instead it was an attempt to bring the tabletop over. I always felt that Battletech worked better as a pure CRPG anyway because it correctly captures the non-mech elements better than any other game.
I think the most impressive thing about it is that its an Open World Mech game, you jump in your mech drive around the world map doing quests for people and customising your lance along the way. Its the only Mechwarrior/Battletech game to have done that.

Very impressive for an 80s game. The reason why I started playing it was because I had just finished Mines of Titan and noticed that this game was very similar and I'd already played Wasteland so that wasn't an option lol.

Oh man, mines of titan, I played that around the same time too. In fact, I think Crescent Hawk's Inception and Mines of Titan were sold together at one point as part of a pack of four games. At least, I know my father bought Crescent Hawk's Inception that way, but i don't recall how we got Mines of Titan other than that it was around the same time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom