Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Smite Attacks are less then 10% of attacks for me, though (unless fighting a boss).
YMMV.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Got a question about chapter 3.

I'm sided with Gar-something. Gotta kill Orion.

Once I got into the lower city, I simply walked into Elfsong tavern and then followed down, as per Emperor's request. I kept going down and found two exits: one leads to some bhaal cultists, another to some "guild" (thieves guild?)

I know chapter 3 can unravel very easily and doesn't want you to do things in an incorrect order. Should I forget I was ever there and follow the Cundalhallow Tombstones quest or are those two separate things?

Because when I'm in the guild, the game thinks I'm supposed to be there, but I as a player have no idea what the fuck is going on.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i believe, that if you go after orion 1st, you wont be able to impress murder tribunal. Don't think there are other issues?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Is displacer beast so OP that you shouldn't use it, or it doesn't count that you've beaten the game? Feels like the mimic tear in Elden Ring.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
you wont be able to impress murder tribunal
Is murder tribunal the alternative way to Orin or a separate quest?
its... optional content on the way?

dont stress about a3. Its packed with content and quite tiring. if you are trying to check all the boxes you are likely already too late. just... go through it. Or take a break half way through.

normally im not the one to call for quest timers, but perhaps they should have been added to a3 so that half of the quests simply disappear. It could have been a problem with implementation since stuff seem to progress based on long rests and I did whole a3 without them. Or perhaps I did one? Then spent 2h spamming long rests to get all the cut scenes out of the way

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Got a question about chapter 3.

I'm sided with Gar-something. Gotta kill Orion.

Once I got into the lower city, I simply walked into Elfsong tavern and then followed down, as per Emperor's request. I kept going down and found two exits: one leads to some bhaal cultists, another to some "guild" (thieves guild?)

I know chapter 3 can unravel very easily and doesn't want you to do things in an incorrect order. Should I forget I was ever there and follow the Cundalhallow Tombstones quest or are those two separate things?

Because when I'm in the guild, the game thinks I'm supposed to be there, but I as a player have no idea what the fuck is going on.
I don't think you can enter there without proceeding with the quest before?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom