Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldure gate's (BGT) "Codexian mods" collection

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I installed Big World pack for to merge baldure's gate 1 en 2 incl. the expantions together. Somehow I got the feeling that it contained the best mods out there. seems I was wrong...Anyways since there are may to many mods to easily select the best one, I was wonderin if we could make a topic and discuss which mods should be used for the best gameplay. In the end I would like to see an collection of mods that would get the "Codexian approves" mark and that get the status of the patches/tweaks of Arcanum, fallout and PS:T.

As a rookie in the BG world I dare not say which are good or not. I can imagen that the BG tweaks are well accepted but for the rest of them,I have no clue. So please discus which should be in. Maybe so counting system would be in order? hmmm.. I'll think about that if the thread get some attention!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Definitely try Saerlith romance mod, for a good companion with awesome party banter, nice voice acting and intriguing story.

Also reccomend Imoen romance mod, pure awesomeness with a taste of incest (but as they say in ToB: common ancestor doesnt count when he is a god).

JrK

Prophet
I use:
-widescreen
-unfinished business
-spell revision
-song and silence
-sword coast stratagems I & II
-rogue rebalance
-lvl1 npcs
-item revisions
-"hammers" dunno what this is exactly (dont have the list I used from Big World Setup anymore)
-divine remix
-cursed items overhaul
-BGT and assorted fix/tweakpacks
-BGspawn
-bg2 fix/tweakpack
-bg1 npc banters
-IWD bardsongs
-1PP various graphics enhancements (shields from BGI, female gnome/dwarf avatars and such)

I would have installed mixmod too since that tweaks the stacks of arrows/potions/jewelry. Now I'm juggling around stacks of 40 arrows or 5 potions. My list mostly consists of balancing or ruletweaks that make sense or make things better without overpowering shit. Divine remix, rogue rebalancing and the revisions shit make stuff just more interesting instead of just going for standard stuff. SCS is just...awesomesauce. Mages that are unpredictable with their spells and hobgolin archers using stealth is what I've encountered thus far, but it adds much needed variety to this game.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Malakal said:
Definitely try Saerlith romance mod, for a good companion with awesome party banter, nice voice acting and intriguing story.

Also reccomend Imoen romance mod, pure awesomeness with a taste of incest (but as they say in ToB: common ancestor doesnt count when he is a god).

any idea if this is included into big world setup? I do see a friendly imoen mod in the BW dowloaded mods

JrK said:
I would have installed mixmod too since that tweaks the stacks of arrows/potions/jewelry. Now I'm juggling around stacks of 40 arrows or 5 potions. My list mostly consists of balancing or ruletweaks that make sense or make things better without overpowering shit. Divine remix, rogue rebalancing and the revisions shit make stuff just more interesting instead of just going for standard stuff. SCS is just...awesomesauce. Mages that are unpredictable with their spells and hobgolin archers using stealth is what I've encountered thus far, but it adds much needed variety to this game.

Thanks for the list!

The big world ist you mentioned, did you create it yourself or is it generated during installment of BW?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Probably not, I dont know anyway, I myself have handpicked my mods and installed them one by one. A lot of work but allows for customization.

JrK

Prophet
OracleX said:
The big world list you mentioned, did you create it yourself or is it generated during installment of BW?

Using BigWorld, if you choose the customization option in the beginning you'll get a whole list of BW compatible mods that it can download, setup and install. It actually has a standard execution of all the mods it installs, so it automatically has a selection of the components of mods you choose. The list of mods is what I had in mind with my post above. I just let the program install the standard components (you can view the standards in the .pdf readme) and it works fine for me.

A next version of BW setup is bound to get component choices in the list, but for now I believe you need to edit a .bat file if you want to change components.

Bruticis

I use the following (via Big World)

BGT
BG2 FixPack
BG Tweak Pack
BG2 Tweak Pack
Stratagems (both)
Widescreen Mod

I should probably try more but I'm not interested in 99.9999% of the fan made "content".

OracleX

Augur
Patron
JrK said:
OracleX said:
The big world list you mentioned, did you create it yourself or is it generated during installment of BW?

Using BigWorld, if you choose the customization option in the beginning you'll get a whole list of BW compatible mods that it can download, setup and install. It actually has a standard execution of all the mods it installs, so it automatically has a selection of the components of mods you choose. The list of mods is what I had in mind with my post above. I just let the program install the standard components (you can view the standards in the .pdf readme) and it works fine for me.

A next version of BW setup is bound to get component choices in the list, but for now I believe you need to edit a .bat file if you want to change components.

Ah thanks for the info. I did create a backup, hopefuly if I would do a re-install, it doesn't take a whole day..

Bruticis said:
I use the following (via Big World)

BGT
BG2 FixPack
BG Tweak Pack
BG2 Tweak Pack
Stratagems (both)
Widescreen Mod

I should probably try more but I'm not interested in 99.9999% of the fan made "content".

Sounds like a sollid list. Tnx!

edit:

currently installing the imoen romance mod (on top of BigWorld) and it takes forever... ughhh. also alot of errors to be seen. Hopefull I didn't introduce game breaking bugs now..

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
OracleX said:
currently installing the imoen romance mod (on top of BigWorld) and it takes forever... ughhh. also alot of errors to be seen. Hopefull I didn't introduce game breaking bugs now..

FYI - He was messing with you about the romance mods. Not good. Not good at all.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
oldmanpaco said:
OracleX said:

FYI - He was messing with you about the romance mods. Not good. Not good at all.

Well it doesn't matter anymore. It DID mess up the install so currently I'm re-installing and will just play the "recommend" big world setup, seeing that no allot of people have any intrest in this topic.

Thanks for the warning though!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I would avoid the big quest mods and npc's unless you really want to try one out. The tweaks, one time encounters, and small quests are the way to go.

Larloch

Novice
Has anyone here played Check the Bodies recently?

I'm interested in any opinions or thoughts about this mod from anyone that has played it recently. All I can find is information from people who played it six or seven years ago and clump it together with the other mods by the same authors (The Darkest Day, etc) into the overly ambitious but lacking polish buggy mess pile of mods. The thing is these mods have received major updates as recently as only a few months ago and hot fixes even more recently, meaning these mega mods have been actively receiving attention.

So is Check the Bodies still buggy? How is the writing? Does it meld with the rest of the game or does it try and change everything and take over? I don't mind new content like the items and spells but does it try to change the old content as well? I'm really interested in the escalating class-based quest lines but don't want my game to come crashing to its knees.

Thanks guys.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
thought this was going to be a collection of wack mods

:disappoint:

laclongquan

Arcane
I am thinking of a Trilogy with hires mod. That's only. IT's time for a final experience of BG1. Kinda like last month was time for a final experience of Fallout1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom