Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assuming you thought Dragon Age was a good bargain...

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
How does the expansion compare?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Assuming you thought Dragon Age was a good bargain...

Why would you?

In any case, I couldn't stand Awakening for more than fifteen minutes. Dull shit-brown banal that makes NWN2 look, feel, and play good.

yaster

Liturgist
WTF? Why would anybody touch expansion to game that he hates? Hell, I thought DA was rather ok for rtwp and I didn't even consider playing any dlc. You people are strange.

Project: Eternity
It was pretty short and nothing new, just a couple more classes and abilities that weren't too amazing. The plot wasn't terribly interesting either. Can't really recommend it.

Monocause

Arcane
I played and finished DA:A but can't remember any specifics about the plot or quests. Consider that I'm neither amnesiac nor a sclerotic and draw your own conclusions.

yaster said:
WTF? Why would anybody touch expansion to game that he hates? Hell, I thought DA was rather ok for rtwp and I didn't even consider playing any dlc. You people are strange.

flagellation.jpg

Just imagine they're looking at the people on the sides with a smug look of superiority

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
yaster said:
WTF? Why would anybody touch expansion to game that he hates?.
Because two previous similiar games (NWN 1-2) had expansions that were much better than the original game?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Well.... they still haven't patched up the game since release, which includes hundreds of bugs and the engine as of patch 1.03 is as stable as a upside down pyramid.

I'm yet to find the courage to continue though, because not only there are several plot holes in comparison to my original playthrough in DA:O but Bioware managed to remove some of your equipment from the original game. Yes, they've made an expansion that doesn't accept dlc items, kinda shows you how good this re-re-re-re-re-modified engine is.

yaster

Liturgist
Hamster said:
yaster said:
WTF? Why would anybody touch expansion to game that he hates?.
Because two previous similiar games (NWN 1-2) had expansions that were much better than the original game?

Hardly. NWN were platforms with games (sucking) attached. NWN's expansions could/should be considered entirely new games. While DA had structure closer to BG games. Every expansion is bound to be continuous addition to already existing game.

DriacKin

Arbiter
I torrented Dargon Age and still didn't think it was a good bargain. Just about everything about it was contrived and trite. Would not play again.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Started it up yesterday as I was bored and had nothing to do, and thought I'd try Darkspawn Chronicles. That didn't work (needs authorization) but Ostagar did so I played that one instead. I thought I'd pass an hour, but the DLC didn't even last that long. WTF?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom