Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Arcanum Syndicate] and [Scrying Eye Games] Presents

Arcanum Syndicate and Scrying Eye Games have joined forces to bring the Pray for Dawn campaign module and Roads to Nowhere battle maps into one stunning PDF for only $10.00.

Pray for Dawn is 145 pages of a post apocalyptic, survival, horror campaign created for the Chaos 6010 A.D. role-playing game. Although of course this module can be used to fit any game setting. The players awaken on a pile of dead bodies with no memory of who one another is, or of the events that led them to this point. There is a storm coming and it will be night soon. Their only shelter from the acid rains and horrible plague hounds of the wastelands is a distant city on the horizon. When the players reach this city they come to find it abandoned, an entire ghost town. As the players attempt to find food, supplies, and answers to their strange loss of memory they realize the sun is setting and all hell is about to unfold.

The players must quickly become a crew no matter if some of the characters may be good or some evil. They must band together using their skills and abilities to keep each other alive. They realize that they must survive at least one night in this total nightmare together or become permanent residents of this forgotten city.

The module comes complete with gruesomely awesome artwork, a chapter that covers a memorable cast of characters, a chapter filled with new monsters and undead, a random encounter table for the streets of Necropolis, and tables for narcotics, weapons, and gear.

104481-thumb140.jpg

Scrying Eye Games creates excellent and detailed battle maps. They have done splendid work with their Roads to Nowhere addition where they have created post apocalyptic streets and buildings for your miniatures to do battle on. You can pick this bundle up at drivethrurpg and rpgnow.com. Please check out other products from Arcanum Syndicate as well at this link.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.../index....turers_id=3578

Good luck to you all in your struggles fellow gamers and may the shadows hide your path.

-Rogue

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
This thread was sanctioned by management.

I did ask for permission to plug the ad and was given the okay by Grunker to do so. I still hope that it is okay to do so, or that it was placed in the correct location.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yes, that's what I meant by sanctioned. Approved. Passed. Okaydokay!
I'm contemplating whether or not it should be in the Gazebo forum instead though. Oh well, that will have to be up to some other mod, I'm off running now.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, if it's pen and paper, moving it to the Gazebo.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
AzgrymnThePale asked very nicely and promised not to spam. Very few advertising plants do this (act like real people). The staff agreed, I just sent the e-mail.

Also, the module actually looks interesting, which is a plus. It has a pretty nice "different people working together under extreme pressure"-feel going for it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
If it genuinely looks cool then let people buy it, play it and tell us how it is. That's how it's done, not just posting a goddamn ad.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How does this thread differ from a newspost except it doesn't have a sarcastic remark from VoD attached? ;)

Seriously, I see no problems with a guy telling us about his new whatever as long as he's not doing it Advertising Plant style.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Except that's exactly what he's doing. Nothing against the guy, he wants to sell his stuff and that's fine. The problem is with the staff allowing it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Meh, if dudes want to come here and post about their modules or whatever, that's fine.

If it genuinely looks cool then let people buy it, play it and tell us how it is. That's how it's done, not just posting a goddamn ad.
AzgrymnThePale is here now, so ask him about it.

I do appreciate you guys allowing me to post about it. Before my site was stolen I had a place for gaming companies to come and post their ads. If it is a gaming site and someone is posting an ad about their game then I was all for it. How else are people going to find out about the game without a way to spread the word? I think it was a good idea especially for the small companies to help one another out. People who don't make enough money to launch huge advertising campaigns can spread the news with the help of others and cross-promote. I have run into a lot of talented people who have great ideas but no way to get them out there.

Scrying Eye Games has been around for awhile and they make some really cool dry-erase maps to game on with miniatures. They have been contracted here and there by some of the larger companies. I believe they just did a contract job for Mongoose Publishing. I created the entire core rulebook (Chaos 6010 A.D.) by myself when I lived on a military base in Japan. It was playtested by a bunch of Army guys and got pretty big where they had to call and reserve spots a week in advance. I was pretty shocked by the result and then had the idea to publish. Everyone turns you away if you aren't on the inside. I tried for years to get picked up by a big company before Studio 2 Publishing agreed to take it. When I got the contract I was so happy I think I had to change my pants. Then reading the contract I would make about 5 cents per book that was sold. So another dream shattered I had a chance run-in with Patrick from Crafty Games, I think he worked on Legend of the Five Rings? He told me "man if you do all your own artwork and writing, do it all yourself." So I started Arcanum Syndicate and went from there. After running a few VTTs online I started to pick up talent willing to work for free because they loved the game. It was actually Pray for Dawn that they played. Adam Schmidt is an awesome artist who now works with Dark Skull Studios. Pray for Dawn was meant to be an adult "R" rated module, which the first release is. Very hard to sell that way though. The entire Core Rulebook was suppossed to be as well. Filled with gore, nudity, drugs, demonic symbols, all the good stuff. Yet I had to censor everything for the kids. Perhaps if I get really popular the team and I can go back and make one how it was meant to be.

I'm not sure if Pray for Dawn is a good module to try and run for first time Chaos players or not because it is a very dangerous module, but shouldn't it be? One group of seven players played it for the first time playing Chaos and were all killed because for some stupid reason they decided to split up. When is that ever good in any game? Or movie for that matter? Then complained yea you should probably make the game a little easier. I'm like yea I'll see what I can do.

Not sure why I went on this rant? I am working on the Chaos Armory now which is going to be pretty awesome. Now that I have a team of talented people helping me out, this is much more fun than it ever was in the beginning. Thanks for letting me stick around guys. Good luck in your struggles.

-Rogue

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom