Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Items or Where da Phat Lewt at...

Currently in the vendigroth wastes and I seem to still have really quite shit items. This is my first time through as a magic user I have Arcane leather armour, mage staff, dorian amulet, fate ring, ravens damage resistance ring, an average magice helm, gloves of dex and elven boots.

I know I must be missing something fundamental,t but apart from the pirates really evil sword the magic items seem pretty weak...

SO where is all the good stuff hiding?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Quite insightful there, VD.

StraitLacedDeviant said:
I know I must be missing something fundamental,t but apart from the pirates really evil sword the magic items seem pretty weak...

SO where is all the good stuff hiding?

Some of the more powerful items are either assembled (by Technologists), found in the later stages of the game, or found on some NPCs. This FAQ includes a fairly good list indicating the location of several of these items.

Transcendent One

Liturgist
I remember when I played a mage I didn't have much to write home about in terms of items either. Really though, if you're at vendigroth you shouldn't have any trouble killing off anything even without ph4t l3wt.

FYI I managed to get hold of an Arcane Staff/Robe/Sword by pickpocketing master mages at tulla, I had six fate points saved up. I killed kraka-tur/bane of kree/gorgoth with one disintigrate spell each and kicked seven sorts of runny brown substance out of Kerghan. I hate how it doesn't let you play on after the end, also arronax is a pathetically underpowered character for a man of his reputation.

Not if he could raise all of vendigroth from the dark depths of beyond after 2000 years of non existance. It doesn't make sense that you couldn't even equip him with decent weapons and the best spell he could conjur is lightening bolt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom