Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoW3 or Endless Legends?

Which should I buy? I am only going to get one.

• AoW3

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Endless Legends

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • neither or something else

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
AoW3 is military focused. Its an empire building game at all.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just got AoW3 for dirty cheap on Gog and frankly the game is ok...but why is is nobody just updates Master of Magic and call it a day? it is by far the best x4 fantasy game ever and just by updating its graphics and sounds at using everything exactly the same it would blow away all these modern series which somehow lack souls

belated

Augur
You could always Worlds of Magic a try.

Haven't tried it since before they added the orcs. Must give it another go one of these days.

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
Yeah, they're on the right track, imho.
But the game isn't quite there yet, and progress is kind of slow (I'm seeing frequent smallish updates).

I wait for some other big chunk of content before trying it again, better to appreciate the progress.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Warlock: MotA has provided a couple of fun runs for the money so far.
Different settings for challenge level did have some noticeable effects so all good there.
Impossible difficulty was not that much harder than other settings but there are factors that could affect that such as the customizing of Great Mage.
Warlock is on the right track imho. Maybe heroes get a little too crazy but when I found "Plate Armor of the Munch Kin" or some such item it really becomes just kind of light comedy strategy. Don't expect a game of agonizing decision making and tactical snail crawling. Warlock seems geared more for just being light fun strategy. I think it succeeded. My problem is when I get attached to units and refuse to let them die because I make some blunder due to fog of war or being in a hurry. Impossible difficulty hard core might be surprisingly trickier. In other words if a hero unit or veteran unit gets KIA then no re-load might make the game a bit more "serious business".

If the Vampire Lord hero shows up it is pretty much game over / mopping up at that point. Once the VL gets the vampire perk that shares vampirism with adjacent units he becomes almost unstoppable with a few minotaurs or w/e units you choose (Blademasters work nicely). Too good unless countered with clerics or light magic casters which didn't show up that much.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Yeah, they're on the right track, imho.
But the game isn't quite there yet, and progress is kind of slow (I'm seeing frequent smallish updates).

I wait for some other big chunk of content before trying it again, better to appreciate the progress.
we've added d0rfs and hot-seat mode, among other things, last week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom