Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone played Takeda 3 yet? Impressions?

Just like the titles states. If yes, what do you think of it?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Just to enlighten the rest of us, what exactly are the first two Takeda games?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I did not play the release but I took the time to download an test the demo. I had high hopes for this game.

My impression is that the developer is copying Shogun Total War but unable to recognize the strengths of the original, and instead bringing up many new, but often superfluous and ill-bred features.

From a first glance there's is a lot of interesting innovation in the strategic layer, and I would give the game a thumbs up for that part.

STW set very high standards for athmosphere, so it's not surprising that it is not reached. A subtle but important difference is the art style which is Chinese and I like that much less than the Japanese style in Shogun. Graphics and music are so-so.

The interface is very spreadsheet like.

I can't say many good things about the battles. Maps are only about 1/4 the size or even less of STW. Visually it's about equal to STWs sprite graphics, but I like it less than the classic. You have the ability place divisions before battles (in predefined squares). A nice feature, but it doesnt make up for the size of the battlefields.

All in all this is not a bad game, and a very interesting premise, but no need as long there has been a much better (in fact almost godly) game available for almost 10 years.

It seems so simple: Copy Shogun, and improve it if possible. Yet no developer seems to be able to do it.

I am sick and tired of the CA filth that is being pushed out the door. Unfinished, now with the usual sickening DRM. Old fans of Shogun and MTW have been begging for another developer to step in and bring a new series out, one that at least stays somewhat historical, adds more to the key gameplay rather than pointless rubbish, and manages to finish their games.

Is it honestly so hard to realise that it would be an instant hit? It might even force CA to up their game again. Their monopoly has made them incredibly lazy. I really should say lazier.

For everyones information: http://www.ezgame.com/Takeda3/

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Blackadder said:
It seems so simple: Copy Shogun, and improve it if possible. Yet no developer seems to be able to do it.

That is indeed quite inexplicable.

I have some hopes for King Arthur wargame.

And when it's released, we should all bug norb to make a strategic layer for his new Ghettysburg title, that would exactly fit the bill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom