Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good strategy set in Iron Age?

vitamin

Augur
AoE II: AoK FTW

AOEII is Dark Ages to Renaissance.
Still, its the best and most fullest Age of Empires game. Awesome game with badass campaigns and awesome civ balance. Age of Mythology is the only one that comes up to its level.
Small correction, it starts from bronze age, even when it says dark age. You have to research Wheelbarrow at the starting point.
Are you sure that AoE2 starts from Bronze Age? I checked wiki and it says:
The Age of Kings is set in the Middle Ages and contains thirteen playable civilizations. They are the Britons, Byzantines, Celts, Goths, Teutons, Franks, Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, Persians, Saracens, Turks and the Vikings
Can someone give me a clarification on this please?

Captain Shrek

AOEII is Dark Ages to Renaissance.

I am not sure.

But the first tech on the Town center that you discover in Feudal Age is Wheelbarrow. That has been in existence since what Early bronze age? Although I agree that the naming of ages ~300AD +.

catfood

AGAIN
What the fuck? What does it even matter if the fucking wheelbarrow was invented in the bronze age or not? Assburgers much? AOE2 is a real time strategy game set in the middle ages full stop. This clearly does not fit the OP's description.

oscar

Arcane
What's up with people saying Age of Empires II :lol: even if you subscribe to Shrek's theory that the Dark Ages in-game is actually the Bronze Age (despite the name, units, available civilizations and graphic appearance clearly saying otherwise), you're only in it for about four minutes scouting and gathering resources to hit the Middle Ages.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom