Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good racing games?

racofer

Thread Incliner
That don't require steering wheels to be playable?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Rollcage. 1 is great, 2 is average.

rollcage_profilelarge.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Unkillable Cat said:
FUCK YEAH

Rollcage and Colin McRae 1 are p. good. Colin isn't very playable with a keyboard. Works alright with a gamepad as long as the control pad is analog.

Moto Racer is good fun and playable with keyboard.

A user named cat

You could try playing GTR2 or rFactor with a controller if you have one. Of course a steering wheel is recommended, but not entirely necessary especially with all the steering options the games give you. I played a lot of GTR stuff with an xbox 360 controller, worked okay once set up properly.

Tails

Arbiter
105029.jpg

/thread

Thought I must ask, is FUEL worth anything? sandbox postapocalyptic racing game sounds neat.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Reject_666_6 said:
Wipeout 2097

Played it as a kid and thought it was intense.

Probably my favourite racer evar. Played it a hell of a lot at university. Burnout: Paradise is fairly fun too, if you want something less serious.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Carmageddon is the kind of game I've grown up with. I have more hours into that than basically any other game I've played, with the exception of QWTF. I only wish we could have had more of it with the same quality of the first game.

I've tried GTR2 some time ago, but without a racing wheel it's kind of pointless. That game is very realistic and most of its fun comes from the act of driving.

What I really miss is a game like Rally Championship, the first one. That game was amazing as the career option was just like the real thing, with limited time to make repairs, well developed damage mechanics (not graphically, but the amount of things that could be screwed up, plus the effect it had on your driving was great) and varied road conditions. However, most newer rally games are too arcadey and dumbed down on that aspect.

a budda

Arbiter
racofer said:
That don't require steering wheels to be playable?
than how can it be good :?
seriously, get yourself a used MS Sidewinder without FF, costs shit
and check teh hardkorez forums for simracing, there are tons of great racing games and even more mods, once you play any of them you'll never want any NFSs, GRIDs and crap

but that's the question: what do you want this game for?
if you really want to play a game where you actually drive a car that drives like a car then you can't do it on keyboard :roll:
if not then try TOCA3 and GRID (but even those are hard to enjoy without steereing wheel) or NFSs if you're that desperate, Porsche, Underground, Most Wanted and Prostreet were pretty fun but each is different so check what you want first

but seriously, get a wheel

obediah

Erudite
RC Pro Am and Road Rash

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom