Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alternate Sign Shitz

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
So I found the thread about modifying the .ini file, but I still cant get alternate signs to work reliably in combat.
Its not just that Axii fails, even Igni 75% of the time wont cast the fire stream with holding q.
I dont know if its an issue specific to the new patch, because i dont think i tried to use any of the alternate signs before 1.05

Perkel

Arcane
So I found the thread about modifying the .ini file, but I still cant get alternate signs to work reliably in combat.
Its not just that Axii fails, even Igni 75% of the time wont cast the fire stream with holding q.
I dont know if its an issue specific to the new patch, because i dont think i tried to use any of the alternate signs before 1.05

That sounds more like broken keyboard.
Abilities are stamina based if you have stamina and set skill there should be any problem to cast it.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
It's not a broken keyboard, and it's not that I can't cast signs at all. its a common problem some people are having that holding A doesn't trigger the alternate version of the sign. it works with a controller.

especially axii if I unequip delusion then puppet will trigger but if both the base sign and alternate are equipped then holding the mapped.button doesn't trigger it properly.

TedNugent

Arcane
It's happened to me with Axii but it's never happened to me with Igni or with Quen alt modes. Those are the only three that I have so I can't say anything about Aard or Yrrden alt modes.

Axii seems to never work.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Alternate Axii doesn't work because you have Axii's Tier 1 Delusion equipped.
If you remove Tier 1 Delusion, Tier 2 Domination will work.
Amazingly, CDPR hasn't fixed/noticed this yet in five patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom