Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien Assault - Space Hulk Reskinned

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

fractal

Novice
Awesome game, plays like a mix of Incubation and X-Com. Beat the Tutorial campaign without enabling experience, but had my entire team wiped out in Onslaught after I managed to kill 30 aliens ("Alpha team's sacrifice will not be forgotten" :D).

Is there any use for close combat troops other than blocking a passage for a turns? The claws are pure suicide and the hammer/shield is only marginally better.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Close combat troops are really nothing but a last ditch attempt. When the enemy closes in you're doomed. These weapons only help to improve the odds, a little.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Huh... I really liked the claws, killed like 8 or 9 with one Sgt. with them, but i suppose that was just luck. The hammer and shield have really been letting me down though, the guys with them always die in 1 hit even though it says they have more defense... I dunno. And the Vulcan is rape.

L'ennui

Magister
In real Space Hulk, melee is always suicide for the marines, no matter what weapon you get. The only good melee fighters are librarians, due to their insane psyker l33tness, but I've yet to see one in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom