Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires Online released today

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I was playing Age of Empires 3 and looked the series up on the wiki, clicked AoE Online, and noticed the release date was today. I'm installing now. It's yet another series that has gone free to play but you pay for 'premium' content. I'll let you guys know if it's any good.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well when I try to sign in to Fail for Faildows Live it tells me my email and password don't work. I went to the Fail LIVE site and logged in using the same info. Derp. Gj microsoft
I tried to post the issue on the forums for the game, but every time I click "new post" it logs me out. Gj microderp.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
My guess is that it's FarmVille with an ancient era skin, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
First free to play thing I've ever tried and apart from the cutesy look and the hurr durr intro levels(understandable considering who it hopes to target) the game seems reasonably solid as far as basic AOE RTS's go. Won't ever bother with the premium shit though and maybe that has more depth(or more hats) so I won't really know if you're getting just half a game as it is or that's it.

At the very least it's a proper (if simple) game in the way it has been traditionally understood rather than those time management farmville things.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The art style is wtf. You got some Team Fortress 2 in my Age of Empires. But yeah it seems to pretty much be a clone of Age of Mythology which is alright.

I've been trying to find a coop partner for one of the earlier levels but have been waiting for about 10 minutes in windowed mode, so that's not gonna work.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Does anyone wanna play? Having trouble finding non-derp people to play the missions with. My gamertag is kingcomrade1 and my city name is Derptropolis.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
No, it can't.

I am kind of getting sick of companies making me pay full price for half a game. I don't think I'm actually going to get any premium content just out of principle. Right now if you got all of the premium content it would be 100+ dollars (and that would only be for the first 6 months).

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
This game is pretty much Age of Mythology without myth units, new graphics (which I do like, as I said it's very Team Fortress 2), but it's got a lot of things that are just kind of un-necessary (except from the point of view of enticing people to spend money) like random loot drops for you to equip for your army. There's also the fact that their Coop matchmaking system sucks ass and there's no skirmish mode (I think you have to pay for it).

Monocause

Arcane
Downloading atm, I'll be up to play for a bit if I like it. I sure as hell ain't paying for anything unless they release some reasonably priced content packs. The "5$ for a mission/civ/map" or whatever distribution model (which should be named "hey, we're expecting you morons to not notice that these small amounts add up") is something I will never support.

J1M

Arcane
I played the beta. This is not worth anyone's time.

Monocause

Arcane
I find it fun enough to recommend people to give it a try. My handle is "Squaredragon14". GFWL played a stupid joke on me with that tag and I can't fucking change it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've got you as a friend Monocause but you're on a diff server from me. What server are you on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom