Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires MMO in the works?

Vykromond

Scholar
Mostly indifference. I doubt it's World of Age of Empires, though- a historical MMO just doesn't make too much sense to me.

LordofFever

Novice
not even a single person who cares enough to attack it..sort of sad, but I'm in the same boat. MMO RPG's are like fucking Tamigachis when they first came out, the number that is springing into production is rediculous.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I think this logic is the same as: Milk tastes good in the morning, Cola takes great in the evening, therefore a mixture of Milk and Cola must taste great for lunch! It just won't work. My guess, if it ever gets off the ground, it goes the way of Uru.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
MMO RPGs? Umm... Age of Empires is that tactical real-time strategy game, right?

mathboy

Liturgist
I didn't find anything supporting a AoE MMORPG in the article. It just says the company making AoE is looking for a MMORPG guy.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
I can't see how a MMO made in the vein of Age of Empires can work. It would be like frozen to the ground in WoW for the individual.

This leads me to the end paragraph:

While many speculate that Ensemble is following in the footsteps of Blizzard Entertainment's RTS-inspired MMO role-playing game World of Warcraft, nothing is yet official. "We do not have comment at this time," was all a Microsoft spokesperson would tell GameSpot.

A historical MMORPG set back in the days of slavetrading and witch burning?

Darksign, how is your MMORPG project coming along?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom