Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Age of Decadence Receives Some Polishing

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
AoD comes in a package including the new WinBox emulator.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
entertainer said:
man does that house look ugly

Can't say I like it either, but I don't plan on redoing every model that was done 4-5 years ago. I can take 10 minutes to make them look less blocky, as you can see in the comparison, but not redo every old model we have.

Have they said anything about DLCs yet? All respectables games come with DLCs nowadays. If AOD doesn't have any, it will be shit.

We sure have. Each faction questline will be a separate DLC, so you can choose which ones you want to play. They will cost $5 each. Also, with the base game you can only choose the drifter background. Each additional background will cost $2.

Furthermore, we improve the immersion the game provides by integrating micro-transactions to the trade screen. You no longer can buy items with the ingame gold, but with your credit card. Selling them will net you game gold, which you can use in a special vault you can buy for $3. You will be able to fill these vault with gold coins, and we also created an especial animation in which you dive and swim through the gold coins.

Ok, now this is becoming silly. :M

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
How many such small structural models do you have?

Around a hundred, counting the ones with interiors. Like I said, it's not worth to re-do them all over again (especially the ones with interiors already laid out, like this one). If you can think of ways to easily improve them without changing them dramatically, post them.

Cassidy

Arcane
itt graphic whores complaining and ensuring more 2 years in the estimated development cycle of Age of Decadence should they be listened to. From the demo, the game is not really as bad in the graphics department as some claim. For one, it is definitively better than Geneforge, and better than Neverwinter Nights too.

denizsi

Arcane
Elhoim said:
denizsi said:

Around a hundred, counting the ones with interiors. Like I said, it's not worth to re-do them all over again (especially the ones with interiors already laid out, like this one). If you can think of ways to easily improve them without changing them dramatically, post them.

Not really. Maybe you could add little imperfections but it would look worse if any given model is used multiple times in the same place.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cassidy said:
itt graphic whores complaining and ensuring more 2 years in the estimated development cycle of Age of Decadence should they be listened to. From the demo, the game is not really as bad in the graphics department as some claim. For one, it is definitively better than Geneforge, and better than Neverwinter Nights too.

This. There is a remarkable amount of graphics whoring lately, from all sides of the Codex. The hivemind has gotten eyes as of late.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Elhoim said:
denizsi said:

Not really. Maybe you could add little imperfections but it would look worse if any given model is used multiple times in the same place.

Yep. I'm working on creating some decals like moss stains, cracks, vines, etc. to add them in the engine.

denizsi

Arcane
Grunker said:
Cassidy said:

This. There is a remarkable amount of graphics whoring lately, from all sides of the Codex. The hivemind has gotten eyes as of late.

Funny thing is, I don't see a single post full of graphics whorism. So, it's more like "ITT butthurt indielovers making up shit".

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
denizsi said:
Grunker said:
Cassidy said:

Funny thing is, I don't see a single post full of graphics whorism. So, it's more like "ITT butthurt indielovers making up shit".

entertainer's post is a prime example, woman.

Norfleet

Wait, this game actually exists? How does something which doesn't actually exist receive polishing, anyway?

Lumpy

Arcane
Norfleet said:
Wait, this game actually exists? How does something which doesn't actually exist receive polishing, anyway?
:lol:
Keep up the good work, Norfleet.

Melcar

Arcane
I don't care about the graphics that much. As long as it doesn't run like ass it's cool... and "fuck" isn't every second word.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom