Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Adom/Avanor spoilers

thorir

Novice
Hi. Can anyone get me cheats for Adom(1.1.1 dos or Windows) or Avanor 0.5.5
email(thorir56@hotmail.com) or reply post. Thanks :)

GreenNight

Liturgist
Sabotai said:
A bit old perhaps? 1997-05-24? 0.9.9 gamma4? I think I started with gamma 6, and that was long time ago ;) this is more recent. And in doubt the usenet is there (google groups) comming to help.

Litlle spoiler
When creating a character, if you manage to get the candle sign, select (at least once, to try it) a Troll healer. You'll regenerate so fast that it'll be hard to kill you. Well... a lot of those yellow d chased me.. don't remember their name, but there were so many, and in the puppy cave... horrible :roll:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You mean the blink dogs? That's one flaw of ADOM that they get hostile and you have to kill them, and that inevitably pulls your alignment towards Chaotic. But it's worth killing them because of the corpses...

Thorir: you won't get any cheatcodes or sth like that in ADOM. If you must, I'd recommend copying saves for the first year of your ADOMing experience, and then playing without it. It would be easier to learn the game this way, and still difficult to beat it afterwards.

Astromarine

Erudite
blink dogs don't spawn in groups in the puppy cave I think. Must be hyenas, they can spawn in a vault with gnolls and rape a low level char...

Elwro

Arcane
So it seems, Thorir, that you ask for help and don't read what people give to you. GreenNight gave you just the same link a few posts above.
There was a character editor, WAdomf, but I dunno if there's a new version for 1.1.1.

Astromarine: of course, there are hienas and gnolls in Puppy Cave by default. But just one blink dog put there by sheer randomness can result in hordes of them...

JanC

Liturgist
My opinion is that you aren't playing ADOM to see the pretty pictures or the involving storyline, so what do you get out of cheating? Gameplay is all there is to it.
I also found I got more interested in the game when I stopped backing up save files, as there is a real gambling-style tension when you have the possibility of actually losing. However, I still do it in case of a crash, but I won't restore otherwise.

Elwro

Arcane
JanC said:
However, I still do it in case of a crash.
Yeah... e.g. "Signal 291 was raised"... this is nasty. Happened to me only once, but from what I've heard for some people it's quite frequent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom