Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Add the feature for users to post blogs

Shervin

Educated
So users can rant and share their personal opinions and bullshits in a more personal way. For example, they can post a blog about how fucked up their life is instead of posting it in GD. ( Which is the part of the forum after all and needs to have a bit of dignity. ) and people can make a comment about it. I saw this feature in another website and I thought it was cool. You could go to the blog section and see the latest stuff people posted that could not be posted in the forum itself by any means. It was amusing and a breath of fresh air for the site.

You can limit blogs to a certain amount in a certain time frame so no one can spam non-stop shit.

I don't know if it has been discussed before, but it doesn't hurt to bring it up again. So what do you think?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Your wish is granted, just start a thread about how awesome life is in Georgia, Lebanon, Pakistan or any other made-up country since you got running water and the ability to flush your shit down the drain with said running water. Pretend to have something super-intelligent to say but fuck it up completely with your conservative [insert whatever religion your pretend parents raised you in, depending on persona] agenda shining through.

I'm dead serious, the Codex goes nuts for that.

Kz3r0

Arcane
So users can rant and share their personal opinions and bullshits in a more personal way. For example, they can post a blog about how fucked up their life is instead of posting it in GD. ( Which is the part of the forum after all and needs to have a bit of dignity. ) and people can make a comment about it. I saw this feature in another website and I thought it was cool. You could go to the blog section and see the latest stuff people posted that could not be posted in the forum itself by any means. It was amusing and a breath of fresh air for the site.

You can limit blogs to a certain amount in a certain time frame so no one can spam non-stop shit.

I don't know if it has been discussed before, but it doesn't hurt to bring it up again. So what do you think?
Ignored.
:killit:

Shervin

Educated
I'm not sure if you guys know what I'm talking about. Haven't you ever seen a forum with a blog section?

Are you kidding me man. I'm talking about a place for Codex where members of the site can go to and see new blogs posted by members and post comments about it. Wordpress blogs or a profile status is about an individual ( or individuals that represent an individual ) , but blog section for a forum is about a collection of blogs by different people with different subjects. They're not the same thing.

Ignored.
:killit:

Go ahead. You're gonna ignore everyone anyway. It's only a matter of time.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
A feature like this was actually planned for New Codex™, discussed and ultimately scrapped.

DarkUnderlord: On a somewhat related note, I wanted to ask about the possibility of having a single "sandbox" tab under your profile, with no character limit, unlimited editing rights for the owner and a public/private flag. It would be really helpful for prototyping let's plays or site content type articles (or simply longer and -- hopefully -- more though-out regular posts, e.g. book reviews for the Codex Public Library) as work in progress, allowing the poster to see it in the context of the forum's formatting and alter it over a period of time before it's actually posted/submitted.

laclongquan

Arcane
If you have something to rant about, do it here so we can join in. What's point of ranting on your private blog?
10s88cy.png
:unbro:

:killit: :killit: and :bury:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord: On a somewhat related note, I wanted to ask about the possibility of having a single "sandbox" tab under your profile, with no character limit, unlimited editing rights for the owner and a public/private flag. It would be really helpful for prototyping let's plays or site content type articles (or simply longer and -- hopefully -- more though-out regular posts, e.g. book reviews for the Codex Public Library) as work in progress, allowing the poster to see it in the context of the forum's formatting and alter it over a period of time before it's actually posted/submitted.
What are you posting, your magnum opus? This is an internet forum. Spelling errors are allowed.

Morkar Left

The codex has a facebook site. Link the codex facebook profile with your own facebook profile. Post your excellent insights in your life there and allow other facebook codexers to watch your profile. Isn't that cool or something?

What are you posting, your magnum opus? This is an internet forum. Spelling errors are allowed.
It's not about writing novels or spelling errors, though (the existing edit function works well enough for fixing typos). It's about writing something that takes more time than an average post, especially if it also includes images, quotes, etc. (like a write-up on a older game) -- a sandbox field would allow you to work on it over several days, always seeing what the finished thing will look like, without having to copy the text back and forth between the forum and a text editor. Or, to give a more trivial example: I sometimes write a few paragraphs of a longer post, then have to leave before it's finished; a profile sandbox would be a good place to save the text to (I normally forget about it even if I do save it somewhere). I know it's a minor convenience that's likely not worth the effort it'd take to implement, it just struck me as something I could use.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom