Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AD&D 2E Nonweapon Proficiency Question

Self-Ejected

aeternalis

Wordcel
Patron
how many NWP do characters get again?

I think there's lots of bloat in the splats but some logical ones too. you would probably have to curate.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Here's what each group gets.

Warrior: 3 initial and 1 every third level.
Wizard: 4 initial and 1 every third level.
Priest: 4 initial and 1 every third level.
Rogue: 3 initial and 1 every fourth level.

If the game has the characters retire at 9th level they'll end up with the following max skills:

Warrior: 6
Wizard: 7
Priest: 7
Rogue: 5

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Splatbook additions range from the generic to the highly specific, e.g. no one should have "Adobe" as a NWP unless they're an Aztec or similar (or a software programmer, I suppose). I think you either need to curate for your campaign setting or just specify DM fiat based on what resources the table has. My general $.02 is that NWP usually don't add much to the game except as a stand in for backgrounds and a grab bag of skills you might have, such as the Fighter having blacksmith because he was a blacksmith's son/apprentice before goblins razed his village and he set off as an adventurer.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Splatbook additions range from the generic to the highly specific, e.g. no one should have "Adobe" as a NWP unless they're an Aztec or similar (or a software programmer, I suppose). I think you either need to curate for your campaign setting or just specify DM fiat based on what resources the table has. My general $.02 is that NWP usually don't add much to the game except as a stand in for backgrounds and a grab bag of skills you might have, such as the Fighter having blacksmith because he was a blacksmith's son/apprentice before goblins razed his village and he set off as an adventurer.

Thank ya for the suggestion bud. I did curate them since I saw adobe and thought that's already part of another NPW like stone masonry.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom