Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A weird craving for a specific feature in a game

AzraelCC

Scholar
I don't know why, but I want to play a game where the bodies of fallen enemies don't disappear no matter how long you've been playing. Besides, Postal 2, Cortex Command and the Myth series, any games you might suggest?

Phelot

Arcane
Any 2D FPS would have that. Blood even keeps most of the gibs.

Requiem: Avenging Angel

Total Annihilation keeps wreckage.

Max Payne keeps the bodies and also a lot of the decals, shell casing, etc. for a very long time.

Max Payne 2, not so much though the bodies remain I believe.

I share your enthusiasm for perpetual dead bodies.

Mystary!

Arcane
Isnt deus ex like that? And hitman? Otherwise there would be no point in having to hide the bodies.

AzraelCC

Scholar
Hmm, I might look for Requiem. I remember seeing a preview of it during the 90s, but never got around to playing it.

It's a shame that FPS today utilize hardware more for bloom. I'd love to see a Serious Sam type game where one of the puzzles require you to create a ramp out of the hundreds of enemies you'll kill.

MetalCraze

Arcane
AzraelCC said:
I don't know why, but I want to play a game where the bodies of fallen enemies don't disappear no matter how long you've been playing. Besides, Postal 2, Cortex Command and the Myth series, any games you might suggest?

Operation Flashpoint/ArmA

Even more - you can go 100km away from the combat area to take a shit, then get back a hour later and collect all of their weapons.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
AzraelCC said:
I'd love to see a Serious Sam type game where one of the puzzles require you to create a ramp out of the hundreds of enemies you'll kill.

:thumbsup:

Pablosdog

Prophet
You should be able to collect the organs and make a proto person or a giant colossal human of meat.

Phelot

Arcane
It's a shame that the most obvious use of ragdoll physics has never been implemented in a game: the ability for the player to create realistic pits of dead bodies.

Panthera

Scholar
Dawn of War has an option that comes close and makes it almost comically obvious just how many reinforcements both sides go through in a match.

The Total War series was always pretty grim for bodies remaining.

Hory

Erudite
phelot said:
It's a shame that the most obvious use of ragdoll physics has never been implemented in a game: the ability for the player to create realistic pits of dead bodies.
It's not very well known in the industry that the tech demo for ragdoll physics was a nazi extermination camp simulator.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
wolfenstein 3D ... the original old one

the persistent corpses were the best way to navigate the mazes. whenever you see a dead body, you know that you've already been there.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Hory said:
phelot said:
It's not very well known in the industry that the tech demo for ragdoll physics was a nazi extermination camp simulator.
Link, plz?

Zeus

Cipher
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Hory said:
phelot said:
Link, plz?

AtEc9.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Zeus said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Hory said:
phelot said:
Link, plz?

AtEc9.png
I just want to play it.

AzraelCC

Scholar
Panthera said:
Dawn of War has an option that comes close and makes it almost comically obvious just how many reinforcements both sides go through in a match.

The Total War series was always pretty grim for bodies remaining.

Yeah, especially when dealing with Orks. That said, is there a mod for Cossacks that makes bodies persistent? My friends and I will be playing next weekend and I'd love to see thousands of dead bodies on the battlefield.

Redeye

Arcane
SCO said:

Yeah, that was actually a necessary game mechanic.

I loved dropping the sleeping bodies into water to drown.

Arcanum!

When I murdered people in houses, I had to keep moving the bodies because guards look through windows.

Commandos?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom