Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A question about money

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Elhoim said:
Thankfully I stopped reading after God.
Developers avoiding spoilers. What. Is that even possible with such a small team?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
pkt-zer0 said:
Elhoim said:
Developers avoiding spoilers. What. Is that even possible with such a small team?

Well, I try to work on a "need to know basis". For example, if I work in a palace, I would like to know the background of the faction that owns it and the personality of the ruler, in order to know how to decorate it, but not every dialogue or quests that happen there.

denizsi

Arcane
Elhoim, you'll end up summoning ancient war machines to enslave all the nations through the power given to you by the god. That's how the rest of it reads.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
galsiah said:
Elhoim, you'll end up summoning ancient war machines to enslave all the nations through the power given to you by the god. That's how the rest of it reads.

i see what you did there

mytgroo

Scholar
Letter of Credit-- hmm this sounds like it could lead to some interesting things. Could you say create situations where different factions attack each other over the letters of credit you wrote... An option to really take advanatge of another faction. Lets say you try to forge a letter of credit, or letter this means you have to get ahold of the individuals signature, or seal ring, or rune mark which would be an interesting quest...

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
denizsi said:

I refuse to believe you.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
cardtrick said:
Actually, why would you post the ending at all? That seems sort of weird to me.
We were talking about endings. As for spoiling, well, we don't rely on OMG! Teh twist! moments. The game was designed with a lot of replayability in mind. I wanted to make the game interesting even after you beat it once or twice.

Besides, I mentioned the gods and the temple several times already, so I thought that most of you have pieced it together. Anyway, it's quite possible that you will play several times and won't get the above mentioned ending, but get something completely different instead. Completely different.

pkt-zer0 said:
Elhoim said:
Our team is all over the world. From Russia (music) to Argentina (that's Oscar). To give you an analogy, we manufacture the game's parts in different places, ship them to the "head office" and assemble them.

mytgroo said:
Letter of Credit-- hmm this sounds like it could lead to some interesting things. Could you say create situations where different factions attack each other over the letters of credit you wrote... An option to really take advanatge of another faction. Lets say you try to forge a letter of credit, or letter this means you have to get ahold of the individuals signature, or seal ring, or rune mark which would be an interesting quest...
Nope. Each skill has a passive trait. The higher the skill, the stronger the trait. Lore's trait is forging documents. The idea is that in a barely literate world an "educated" (for the lack of a better word) person would have some advantages. Something like:

1. I paid the guards. They'll let the shipment through.
Simple, but effective. Take 200 imperials to cover your expenses.

2. I've made some arrangements with captain Falco. The first shipment is free, all following shipments will cost us 10% of the cargo's worth.
I'm impressed, <charname>. Our previous arrangement cost us 18% and wasn't nearly as good. Take 500 imperials as a token of my respect.

3. The Imperial Guards have a special shipping mandate. It keeps the local guards away from their shipments. Would be nice to have one.
Have you seen their barracks? It's a well defended fort guarded by veteran soldiers. Still, everything is possible, given enough time... I'll put together a plan, but we must get the shipment out tonight.
1. I'll find a way.
2. [INT] We can use a fake mandate. The town guards are afraid to mess with the Imperials, so they won't look long enough at the paper to notice anything. Dress your men in the Imperial armor and tell them to act confident and arrogant. Flash the mandate, bark some orders, and you are through.
*Cado considers it for a moment*. It's risky, but it might work. Talk to Feng, the old loremaster. He will sell his own mother - if he had one - and he's an expert on fakes. *he throws you a small coin bag* <gained>.
[lore] We don't need to deal with Feng. I will take care of the mandate myself.
Are you sure? You are good enough to bet the lives of others on your skills?
1. I'm sure.
2. Ok, let's use Feng.

If 1:

You spend an hour turning a blank parchment into a document mentioning the Imperial Guards, urgent matters, and free passage. You add a fancy looking seal as a finishing touch and give the scroll to the guildmaster.

You spend an hour turning a blank parchment into an official document stating that the Imperial Guards are given free passage. You accurately copy the seal of House Daratan and give the scroll to the guildmaster.

You spend an hour turning a blank parchment into an impressive looking document granting the Imperial Guards the right of free passage and requesting full cooperation from Teron's guards and guilds' authorities. Your seal of House Daratan looks more authentic than the original you copied it from. You sign the mandate and give the scroll to the guildmaster.

denizsi

Arcane
Elhoim said:
I refuse to believe you.

Well, why not? It does make sense considering VD has good feelings about Daggerfall and in Daggerfall, you resurrect an ancient war machine called Numidium, doesn't it? Coincidence? Face it, I spoiled it for you.

Sovy Kurosei said:
galsiah said:

i see what you did there

Good that you noticed. Will you let him get away with that? he long had it coming!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Elhoim said:
I refuse to believe you.

Well, why not? It does make sense considering VD has good feelings about Daggerfall and in Daggerfall, you resurrect an ancient war machine called Numidium, doesn't it? Coincidence? Face it, I spoiled it for you.

Denial is a powerful tool. For me it says that you resurrect an ancient God and s/he is so pleased that fucks you like you've been never fucked before.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Not really.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Our team is all over the world. From Russia (music) to Argentina (that's Oscar). To give you an analogy, we manufacture the game's parts in different places, ship them to the "head office" and assemble them.
I figured as much, but I'd think content creation involves quite a bit of context in some cases. For instance, creating art for the ending scenes, über-powerful villain characters, et cetera. And with people being responsible for content spanning the entirety of the game, as it is with a smaller team, I figure spoilers would enter the equation at one point or another.

But since empirical evidence proves otherwise... guess not. :P

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do you at least have some ancient evil? Or four cure ingre^H^H^H jedi-mas^H^H^H map-pie-^H^H^H sword sha-^H^H^H things you need to find?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can't make an RPG without an ancient evil. :(

I bet there's an ancient morally ambiguous thing though! ^^

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Jasede said:
You can't make an RPG without an ancient evil. :(

I bet there's an ancient morally ambiguous thing though! ^^
I Lol'd !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom