Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Master of Magic clone KS failed due to obscurity

knightley

Educated
Hmmm looks pretty interesting.
Did anyone try the alpha? If it is good and the devs are still doing it, you can still throw money at them.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You only have yourself to blame - you didnt advertise it here. If Codex liked this project Im sure people here could shell out 25k alone.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
You only have yourself to blame - you didnt advertise it here. If Codex liked this project Im sure people here could shell out 25k alone.
I've just found about it by pure chance.

Actually, it was posted in the kickstart thread.
It seems I have to subscribe that thread. I thought that any interesting projects mentioned there would be cross-posted to a proper forum. Why haven't you mentioned it in the MoM thread, or whatever? :(

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well AoW series can.

But you are correct. It would've been inferior

Can you expect a quality product from someone who lacks creativity and talent so much that he can only clone (steal ideas from a game to make a quick buck) a game from 20 years ago?

Would've been just another Elemental.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Dominions is the MoM successor. And if u want to complain about someone making a game the world doesn't need please consider mmorpgs, tactical shooters and browser based bs. So um anyone have a link?

Emily

Arcane
Warlock is quite decent. No MoM, but what it is? It certainly ain't no Elemental.
I agree. Warlock was a relatively pleasant surprise, a bit too easy for my taste but overall good game. Especially liked the devs being bro, and having a lot of patches and good substantial dlc's which is nowdays a rarity

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Warlock is quite decent. No MoM, but what it is? It certainly ain't no Elemental.
I agree. Warlock was a relatively pleasant surprise, a bit too easy for my taste but overall good game. Especially liked the devs being bro, and having a lot of patches and good substantial dlc's which is nowdays a rarity

Well, TBH it wasn't quite finished when it was released. Still, as a multiplayer game it is sweet.

knightley

Educated
I do not mind 3d itself, but rather the whole free zoom and rotate thing which is almost a zero cost feature with a 3d engine. Especially in a strategy games. It often indicates some flaw or lack of design on how entities are presented on the screen. Suddenly it becomes "ok" that stuff can be blocked from view on regular basis, just because the player can turn and zoom the camera.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom