Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Game of Thrones - the RTS

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

Blood Bowl developers <a href="http://www.cyanide-studio.com/?rub=home" target="_blank">Cyanide Studio</a> announced today that their first George R.R. Martin project will be an RTS, <a href="http://www.focus-home.com/index.php?rub=news&id=100" target="_blank"><strong>A Game of Thrones: Genesis</strong></a>.<blockquote>We are very pleased to announce that Focus Home Interactive will publish "A Game of Thrones: Genesis", Cyanide&rsquo;s new strategy game, adapted from George R.R. Martin's famous series of best-sellers novels "A Song of Ice and Fire".
Today, we reveal the first 2 artworks from this game in which you will have to match your political prowess with your strategic and military skills!

"A Game of Thrones: Genesis" plunges you into the heart of the battles and intrigues between the Families that shaped the Kingdom of Westeros.
However, victory does not necessarily result from brute force. The innovative game mechanics provide players with numerous paths to success: will you opt for a military, economic or diplomatic approach? Trickery, treachery and deceit are widespread and you will constantly have to watch your back if you want to avoid a bitter defeat!

Peacefully or forcefully annex surrounding territories, besiege enemy castles, send spies to infiltrate behind enemy lines, assassinate trouble-making officers or capture them to ask for a ransom... When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground!</blockquote><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/">Shack News</a></p>

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Doesn't sound too bad, to be honest.

Jason

chasing a bee
It'd be nice if they actually gave details of those "innovative game mechanics", especially considering that this is supposed to be an RTS.

I'm amazed Andhaira hasn't been all over this.
He'll only be excited if they get some terrible actors from the TV show to do voice-overs.

oscar

Arcane
An RTS? I pictured more some Europa Universalis type thing. And what a strange genre to make the first and quite possibly only SOIAF game. The battles in the book are generally standard, realistic themed ones between traditional medieval forces with some magic now and then,

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I thought George R.R. Martin himself said that he didn't want any videogame adaptation of his series. Anyway, I thought a more experienced studio would pick the franchise, let's see what they deliver...

Andhaira

Arcane
Hmm the news item I posted said it appeared to be a TB title. Oh well, I will go with what Cyanide said and assume its RTS,

Anyhow, excitng news to be sure. Can't wait to see what they have cooked up. I'm guessing the assinating enemy officers means you hire faceless men to do the deed. It will probably work like the ninjas you can hire in Shogun Total War. A cutscene appears and tells you if the assassination is successful or not.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
RTS? What the fuck. Hopefully it's just a hype word and they have is actually more like a combination of EU/MTW.

Yeah right, it'll be shitty shit with candy grafixxx.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
The guy has put up some more videos now. I agree it doesn't look high end graphics wise but the gameplay looks like it could be fun. Reminds me a bit of Seven Kingdoms (and not only because you associate the name of that game with ASOIAF :))

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I couldn't care less about the graphics. I think the gameplay looks very micro-managy and boring :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom