Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

a fatal flaw in eve

xemous

Arcane
greetings everyone
i am xemous, from eve-online
playing shiva i noticed a fatal flaw in design, and instead of reporting it, since it wasnt a bug, i chose to exploit it for fun

10million isk in eve will take roughly a casual or new player a month to gather, and around 10 hours mining / hunting with moderate skills after the initial month of training.

whenever you send an evemail, ingame email, or convo someone, a npc corpration called cspa gets 100isk, unless both parties are on their own address book

in shiva, the newly released expansion, it is possible to change the rates of what cspa will charge if _you_ are evemailed or convo'd, mainly to stop hatemail when you go a killing spree or so i thought

so i decided to jack mine up to about 10mil and pop in all the trade channels and spam away, seeing as 95% of eve had no idea it could be changed, they just pressed accept even through it was right there in plain daylight, 'this email will cost you 10,000,000.00 to send'. i calculated through my returns i caused about 800mil in damages, roughly 1000 or so boring hours of grinding :)

pirates/scammers: 1 newbs/visualy impaired/carebears: 0

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Just hope no one from Eve Online frequents the Codex :D.

Astromarine

Erudite
Let me get this straight. You figured out a problem with the game, didn't report it, and decided instead to make innocent players lose hard earned cash, that you won't even see, simply for the hell of it?

Let me tell you something, dear simple-minded idiot. See all those posts in this forum saying that MMORPGs are a stupid concept and shouldn't even be attempted? The reason is you and other brats like you. You gained NOTHING here besided a hard-on when you figured you could make some people around the lose start screaming at their computers. And yet you consider yourself a Big Man for doing it, and all these stupid fucking morons in this thread encourage you. Jesus Christ, you are a sad little shit

Seven

Erudite
Astromarine said:
Let me get this straight. You figured out a problem with the game, didn't report it, and decided instead to make innocent players lose hard earned cash, that you won't even see, simply for the hell of it?

Let me tell you something, dear simple-minded idiot. See all those posts in this forum saying that MMORPGs are a stupid concept and shouldn't even be attempted? The reason is you and other brats like you. You gained NOTHING here besided a hard-on when you figured you could make some people around the lose start screaming at their computers. And yet you consider yourself a Big Man for doing it, and all these stupid fucking morons in this thread encourage you. Jesus Christ, you are a sad little shit

Well here's where natural selection kicks in, those who are smart won't get robbed, and the others... :roll:

xemous

Arcane
xemous is no fool in eve. to talk to xemous, and eve veteran spacefarer, multi-billionaire business man, and pirate its not cheap. to evemail or convo me its gonna cost you a good 10,000,000.00 just for my time, if i feel you are worthy of a reply . please astro do not think i tricked those unfortunate children into evemailing me, they got there isk worth i can assure you.

Seven

Erudite
xemous said:
xemous is no fool in eve. to talk to xemous, and eve veteran spacefarer, multi-billionaire business man, and pirate its not cheap.

And yet Xemous doesn't know how to construct a proper sentence... :P

Astromarine

Erudite
i am 100% in favour of scamming and pirating. one. hundred. percent.

This ain't it. Notice that The Great God Of Nerds xemous didn't see a dime. He simply thought it would be fun to screw with people. The only gain he received was the adulation of 3 or 4 idiots on a messageboard. That I have a problem with

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Aww, Astro, man, c'mon, join the fun. Like the saying goes "It's funny till it happens to me."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom