Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A doubt about arcanum.

desocupado

Magister
I used the search, and couldn't find anything. What is the penalty when you use a weapon you don't have enough strength to use properly? I am in doubt if I should use a less damaging weapon or a big one that I supposedly can't handle properly.

mrnobodie

Novice
If a character is wielding a weapon that has a strength requirement higher than their strength, the weapon box will turn red and it will say MSR and the strength that you need to wield the weapon properly. if you dont meet the strength requirement your TH is lowered as well as your damage, the chance of having critical failures increases too. More important than weight is speed. All weapons have a speed rating. I would rather swing twice with a 1 - 8 sword than once with a 1 - 12 axe.

desocupado

Magister
Yeah, speed is something I would like to know about too. Does a 2x speed rating means a weapon attacks 2x faster than other?

dagorkan

Arbiter
No. What matters is the number of AP's used per hit, but I don't know the relationship between speed ratings and AP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom