Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper A Dane and a Swede argue about MOBAs, also Crime & Punishment

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
MOBAs are fun because fighting against enemies controlled by real human opponents is infinitely more fun than fighting against predictably scripted bits of code, and it will always be more fun unless AI makes some sort of major breakthrough any time soon. Suck it, nerds.
It's amazing no one ever thought of the whole "multiplayer" thing before, right? thank god for MOBAs. fuck, where would be
playing Starcraft and Hearthstone, unless you are a CoD kiddie playing CS GO

Erzherzog

Magister
As noted earlier, the differences from one MOBA to the next are usually so fucking miniscule that it's downright obnoxious to pretend one is for elite, monocled gentlemen, and the other is for pants on head retards. Considering that both DotA 2 and LoL have huge fanbases, even more retarded.

You want MOBAs for casual retards? Play SMITE. Otherwise, LoL and DotA 2 are both complex enough that most true challenge comes from the mechanical difficulty of the individual champion/hero/dudebro. For example, widely regarded that Invoker is as complex as it gets, I can't comment on many of DotA 2 characters. LoL runs the range from noob-friendly characters like Ezreal (get out of jail free card) to the much more complex Orianna.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
^ True enough, to me it always seemed however that the inability to deny creeps in LoL pretty much showed that less skill is required. Since creep denying also plays a huge part in lane pushing, which in turn controls the rate/safety of your enemies farm and the laning phase. Mind you I haven't played any moba game for a couple of years so perhaps there is some recent mechanics I am unaware of....

Ninjerk

Arcane
^ True enough, to me it always seemed however that the inability to deny creeps in LoL pretty much showed that less skill is required. Since creep denying also plays a huge part in lane pushing, which in turn controls the rate/safety of your enemies farm and the laning phase. Mind you I haven't played any moba game for a couple of years so perhaps there is some recent mechanics I am unaware of....
DotA 2 lightened the lane control aspects a bit, and provide tutorials re: lane management tools like neutral creep camp pulling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom