Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fleet Commander ROM translation released

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Fleet Commander

Fleet%20Commander%20%28ENG%29-0.png

A translation for the NES strategy game Fleet Commander has been released.

Never released in the US, Fleet Commander has you play out a WWII battle in the Pacific Theatre from the Japanese perspective.

MrRichard999 led the project, so give him a brofist if you see him.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is this abomination? The only proper fleet commanding game is Fleet Command:
0000000739.600x338.jpg

Well, not only, because Dangerous Waters and Naval War: Arctic Circle are also fun, but the similarity of the titles of Fleet Commander and Fleet Command got me a bit confused at first.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Its old but it is the first Naval Command game every made for the Famicom/NES system :) It definitely does not compare to those graphics posted but its fun for those who appreciate the old retro console games. It may not be for everybody but great work was done to this Japanese title to bring it to English audiences.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks great gonna try it our, this made me remember Strike Fleet which I played on my C64 many years ago.

What is this abomination? The only proper fleet commanding game is Fleet Command:
0000000739.600x338.jpg

Well, not only, because Dangerous Waters and Naval War: Arctic Circle are also fun, but the similarity of the titles of Fleet Commander and Fleet Command got me a bit confused at first.

There's also that pacific wargame though the UI and map are horribad

Scowlie

Literate
Its old but it is the first Naval Command game every made for the Famicom/NES system :) It definitely does not compare to those graphics posted but its fun for those who appreciate the old retro console games. It may not be for everybody but great work was done to this Japanese title to bring it to English audiences.
Awesome! Thanks so much for all that work!

I'm ancient, and I fondly remember playing SSI's War in the South Pacific in my youth. Fleet Commander looks like it's in a similar vein. I also fondly remember PTO IV on the PS2, but that played very differently. Since Fleet Commander is a console game, I wonder whether its gameplay could fall somewhere in the middle...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom