Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Soren Johnson's Mars RTS officially announced: Offworld Trading Company

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Mohawk Games; Offworld Trading Company

AHzWWKB.jpg

The Mars RTS by Soren Johnson has been finally officially announced. Offworld Trading Company is now available for pre-order, with two ordering options on their site, a normal copy for $34.99 (5 dollars off the release price) and the Founder's Elite Edition which will allow you access to prototypes, even before Steam Early Access; and you'll have access to private feedback forums.

The first prototype should be released this Fall, but the actual game's release date is undetermined.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I love me some Civ 4, but I just don't know about this game.

Unless by economy RTS he means something like transport tycoon, then :takemyjewgold:

Angthoron

Arcane
They could've at least shown some gameplay before putting up preorders. Hell, even some screenshots wouldn't hurt.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
As an aside is 20 dollars good for Crusader Kings I + II + all DLC? It is the Humble deal of the day.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm skeptical due to it not being hard scifi, which it fucking should be.
hard sf makes great fiction but shitty gameplay, unless you're a simfag.

We're talking Alpha Centauri levels of hard here. Which, for a computer game, is hard enough.

But I do think this novel in game form (adventure? rpg?) would be.... orgasmic.

Red-Mars-Cover.jpg

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I dunno. Most of that novel was drivel about people and their uninteresting relationships.
There was not enough Mars for me in "Red Mars", so I put it away half way (in the first part of the trilogy).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Had never read a book that was both utterly fascinating and soul-crushingly boring until Red Mars.

Johnson is a great trademark with a huge street cred but yeah, to base your campaign only on this without any gameplay or even screenshots is either too ballsy or too naive.

Angthoron

Arcane
Had never read a book that was both utterly fascinating and soul-crushingly boring until Red Mars.

Johnson is a great trademark with a huge street cred but yeah, to base your campaign only on this without any gameplay or even screenshots is either too ballsy or too naive.
Kinda funny, as I was reading that Gunpoint guy's blog yesterday, where some industry people adviced him to release the demo after he'd start taking preorders, and even after the game would launch. Except he didn't. Looks like the exact opposite in this case, except more extreme.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As a side effect, such "behaviour" pisses on the efforts of those who do work hard to have something to show when they start their campaigns, for the sole purpose of convincing people that they can do what they claim.
It pretty much says "We're so good, everyone knows we will be able to pull it off". And that really only works for very few people/studios.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
AHzWWKB.jpg

That picture is hardly worth a thousand words .. What is this supposed to tell us about the game, except that Mars has terrain?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I dunno. Most of that novel was drivel about people and their uninteresting relationships.
There was not enough Mars for me in "Red Mars", so I put it away half way (in the first part of the trilogy).
haha, nice to see i'm not the only one who felt like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom