Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Crusader Kings II to halt Gamersgate updates

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Crusader Kings II; Gamersgate; Paradox Interactive

Johan Andersson of Paradox Interactive has revealed on the Paradox Forums that there will be plans to stop updating the Gamersgate version of Crusader Kings II and only the Steam edition will be updated.

The cited reasons are that it is taking too long to maintain the Gamersgate edition and they want to invest their resources elsewhere.

Johan has stated that all owners of the Gamersgate edition will be getting Steam keys for their DLC and game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
That's pretty cool of them to hand over Steam keys. Not all companies would do that.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
This is an incredible shitty decision. Fucking Paradox, what about us that don't have that stupid draconian DRM piece of crap called Steam installed? You can shove your shitty Steam keys up in your arse Johan. CK2 will be the last game I buy from Paradox.

Grinolf

Arcane
This is an incredible shitty decision. Fucking Paradox, what about us that don't have that stupid draconian DRM piece of crap called Steam installed? You can shove your shitty Steam keys up in your arse Johan. CK2 will be the last game I buy from Paradox.

Paradox games don't require Steam for playing them. You only lose some functions in exchange for running the game without it. So I don't understand, what caused such drama.

Bad thing in that news, is that Steam competitor loosing fight for market and most of publishers isn't so lenient as Paradox with their games on Steam.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Meh.. I don't like that steam is taking over everything, but at least this way I'll be able to use my CK2 DLCs with the EU4 converter I got for preordering.

Whisky

The Solution
Meh.. I don't like that steam is taking over everything, but at least this way I'll be able to use my CK2 DLCs with the EU4 converter I got for preordering.

You already could actually, as long as at least one Christian ruler exists. Just open the save file in the Steam edition you got and select a Christian ruler. It'll transfer just fine.

Repressed Homosexual
How do any services stand a chance when Valve is shoehorning Steamworks everywhere and Steam is also an advertising platform, where the client and the ads must be loaded in order to access your games? It's like being forced to buy your Whopper combo at McDonald's and having the clerk tell you about all their own combos on sale. What do you call this but blatantly anticompetitive behavior?

And Paradox who like Valve poses so much that they stand up for the good guys, has no qualms whatsoever about stabbing them in the back. Steam competitors are now doomed to be Steam portals and indie game stores.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

You already could actually, as long as at least one Christian ruler exists. Just open the save file in the Steam edition you got and select a Christian ruler. It'll transfer just fine.
I know, but that's bothersome, and also won't transfer the special civs in america from sunset invasion.

Cassidy

Arcane
Alright, they asked for it.

I'll never buy another Paradox Game. May thousands of non removals from an inventory that would not happen otherwise be their reward for this bullshit policy.

Repressed Homosexual
Buy Paradox games in their next humble bundle and pay one cent so that they lose money in processing fees.

Where is the Steam fanboy squad now? Quiet, aren't we?

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Buy Paradox games in their next humble bundle and pay one cent so that they lose money in processing fees.

While I don't approve of Paradox discontinuing support for GG versions (I try to avoid steam as much as possible), it seems incredibly spiteful of you to do that when you don't normally even buy pdox games in the first place.

Also, what about owners of GG vicky 2 as well? would they get free keys as well?

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Into the garbage you go, Paradox games. Never again will I purchase your shit.

I only purchased CK2 because there was the option to use a service other than Steam. I'm still not going to install Steam, so I've lost my ability to get updates to a game I purchased and planned to buy future expansions for.

That's a way to create bad blood.

Whisky

The Solution

While I don't approve of Paradox discontinuing support for GG versions (I try to avoid steam as much as possible), it seems incredibly spiteful of you to do that when you don't normally even buy pdox games in the first place.

Also, what about owners of GG vicky 2 as well? would they get free keys as well?

Is Vicky 2 still being updated?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom