Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Update: The Shaman

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

Today's Might & Magic X Legacy open development blog update introduces a new class - the Shaman. This one seems to be available exclusively to Orcs.

THE SHAMAN

Orc Shamans are a strange breed. They act as mediums between the material world and the spirit world, which they refer to as the “Dream World”. To enter this realm, they undergo deep trance rituals, the nature of which is specific to each Shaman. From their journeys into the “Dream World”, the Shamans bring insights that help them draw magical powers from their own demon blood.

Being Orcs, Shamans have raised resistances and above-average Health. Due to their savage nature Shamans do not need to rely on their magic alone - it’s mainly up to their individual taste whether they specialize in the utilization of magical foci, or complement their arcane skills with martial power by wielding spears or clubs. Shamans can control the four magic schools of fire, water, air and earth while excelling the latter three. Shamans are the only class that can reach the Grand Master Rank of the Arcane Discipline Skill making them the most magic resistant class in the game.

RACE SPECIALTY

The Shaman benefits from the Orcs’ Specialties:
  • Additional safety roll (20% chance) to avoid the conditions “Paralyzed”, “Sleeping”, Poisoned”, “Feebleminded”, “Weak” and “Cursed”
  • Any damage versus demons is increased by 20%
  • Any critical damage is increased by 20% of the normal damage
BLOOD CALLER: The advanced class of the Shaman

Blood Callers are Shamans that use bloodletting rituals to amplify their magical powers and conjure the more devastating spells. They are justly feared by even their Orc brethren, because their magic has a cost that can lead them, or their co-ritualists to succumb to Chaos, or death...

The advanced class can be unlocked by a quest or NPC and grants the individual character access to the Grand Master Skill tiers and improve the character with additional attribute points and additional resistances.

Passive ability “Blood Magic”: The Blood Caller restores Mana for Health lost due to enemy attacks.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE A SHAMAN IN YOUR PARTY?

Being less versatile than the Freemage in terms of accessible magic schools the Shaman makes up by higher physical and magic resistance. Should the Shaman run out of Mana she can still deal decent damage with a mace or a spear.
Check out the full update for information on the Shaman's skill advancement possibilities.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Love me some orcs. I wonder if they'll import the jaguar warriors from Homm6 for the last class -- perhaps something like a glass-cannon. Wouldn't surprise me if the humans get healer (Sister) and praetorian-type classes, too.

Zeriel

Arcane
Every race is going to have a rogue type (ranged + dagger), a bruiser type, and a caster type. So we can extrapolate from there.

Erebus

Arcane
Making female orcs (and trolls, ogres, goblins...) sexy is probably part of the Decline, but I just can't get angry about it.

Love me some orcs. I wonder if they'll import the jaguar warriors from Homm6 for the last class -- perhaps something like a glass-cannon.

I loved the barbarian army in HoMM 6. Its only problem is that it suits a Might hero much better and I prefer Magic heroes. I loved Centaurs best (no, not just because they were actually Centauresses), but Jaguar Warriors were pretty awesome too : their charge was often devastating.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks good, except the different character portraits showing the state of the character. The normal-hurt-sleep states are too similar.

Mortmal

Arcane
Same , we are not often blessed by good artwork neither in rpgs nor in mmo .Its this modern shit aka F2P browser art with oversexualized females characters , or its wow like graphics . Its not much better for indies , id like to play heroes of broken land but i cant possibly immerse myself in a rpg with such cartoony graphics.
Now if you read the adventure games sub forum theres true incline , chain of satinav, memoria have truly excellent classic artwork . That means it still possible to do it nowadays with a little effort.

Monty

Arcane
Same , we are not often blessed by good artwork neither in rpgs nor in mmo .Its this modern shit aka F2P browser art with oversexualized females characters , or its wow like graphics . Its not much better for indies , id like to play heroes of broken land but i cant possibly immerse myself in a rpg with such cartoony graphics.
Now if you read the adventure games sub forum theres true incline , chain of satinav, memoria have truly excellent classic artwork . That means it still possible to do it nowadays with a little effort.
The Tangut Prophecy is a notable exception though, looking forward to that.

Mantic

Educated
Are the Orcs in MMX supposed to be Half-Orcs? Because they look much less big and bestial than Heroes 6 Orcs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom