Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Endless Legend announced

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Endless Legend; Iceberg Interactive

0033777.jpg

Iceberg Interactive has announced a spiritual successor to Endless Space, by the name of Endless Legend. Unlike Endless Space, this one will take place in a fantasy setting.

* Explore legendary lands with one of the eight civilizations available both in single and multiplayer, as you adventure through seasons, striving to discover the secrets of Auriga.
* Expand beyond the unknown and send your heroes in every corner of the world to find mysterious artifacts to equip your troops, and assimilate powerful minor factions which will help you overwhelm your opponents.
* Exploit every opportunity by researching new technologies and magical powers while collecting Dust, luxuries and strategic resources tradable on the marketplace.
* Exterminate fools who defy you with a genuine combat system where terrain and your unit abilities are key to take the advantage over the enemy armies.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I just hope it has more depth than Endless Space. And that it's soundtrack is as majestic.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Endless Space looked beautiful, the U.I looked and played very well, but the gameplay itself... rather poor, especialy the lack of depth in invasion and space combat facets and the lackluster A.I.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mostly enjoyed my playthrough of Endless Space, but I never want to look in the direction of that game again. We'll see if this new one is any better.

Hellraiser

Arcane
As I mentioned earlier, it has tactical combat rather than the "lol card battle" of endless space (who the fuck thought that was a good idea?) so it's already a step in the right direction. Looking forward to hear more good news, hopefully.

Nael

Arcane
Game was released 4 days ago, picked it up this evening. Not very deep in but so far it is an absolute blast. Definitely one of the best 4x I've played and it's got some cool mechanics like quests that are not as sucky as the Civ4 stuff. I'll report back after playing some more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom