Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Wonders 3 Gamescom Demo Playthrough

zwanzig_zwoelf

It's fucking Age of Wonders. Colourfull since the first game. Seriously.
I liked the graphics in original game. But in 3D it looks awful. The same problem was in HoMM series, especially in HoMM6 (compared to HoMM3).
It looks like a picture, painted with big brushes and bright colors, but the artist forgot his small brushes, attention to details and darker colors at home.

zwanzig_zwoelf

For a 3d strategy title it's remarkably detailed actually. I think they kept the feel and style of the original intact to an impressive degree.
Well, at least it doesn't make your eyes bleed. Still, I'll be playing it with saturation set to 25%.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I liked the graphics in original game. But in 3D it looks awful. The same problem was in HoMM series, especially in HoMM6 (compared to HoMM3).
It looks like a picture, painted with big brushes and bright colors, but the artist forgot his small brushes, attention to details and darker colors at home.

If anything I'd say they transitioned really well from 2D to 3D unlike, I don't know, the way Disciples 3 fucked it up.

Just a quick reminder how it looked in AoW2.

KNZYKII.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

If anything I'd say they transitioned really well from 2D to 3D unlike, I don't know, the way Disciples 3 fucked it up.

Just a quick reminder how it looked in AoW2.

KNZYKII.jpg
Disciples 3 is done very well from the technical point of view (concerning graphics), in my opinion.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really really hope the combat perspective can be set to something more classic. WTF, killing the hero kills the army? What lameness is this.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Looks better than I feared, but worse than I hoped.

Is Michiel van den Bos doing the music?

catfood

AGAIN
I really really hope the combat perspective can be set to something more classic. WTF, killing the hero kills the army? What lameness is this.
I'm guessing they went back to the AOW 1 mechanic, where if the leader hero dies you lose.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't give a shit if it was in AoW1, it's lame. Guess they'll introduce 'leadership' units for the same purpose though.

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
i ehhh am ah suddenly ehhh interested! eeehhhh
V9ien60.jpg

ai concentrated on the hero... it prioritizes, hopefully it also weights up the pros and cons .... ahahhahah whom am i kidding, its gonna be a huge exploit

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The battle camera looks annoying as hell, I hope there will be an "isometric" option.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Colourful? Really? We got shitload of grimdark settings and almost no bright ones. When I see elven city I expect it to be green and bright, not seeping with filth, desolation and covered with smog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom