Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Company of Heroes 2 gets Metacritic bombed by upset Russians

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Company of Heroes 2; Relic Entertainment; Sega

pr00295.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Company of Heroes 2 has been Metacritic bombed by groups of Russians who claim that the game is extremely offensive to them.

Specific examples that are cited include sending men into battle without weapons and shooting their own soldiers who retreat.

Relic claims that they did the research and that there is nothing wrong with their depiction of Russia in WWII.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Better not tell them that their ancestors came from Africa.

Drakron

Arcane
Relic claims that they did the research and that there is nothing wrong with their depiction of Russia in WWII.

This is complete bollocks as its not like political commissars had a notebook called "my warcrimes logbook" and there is a lot of misinformation and lack of information when it comes to soviet sources due to first Stalin censorship and then followed Khrushchev that had to re-rewrite history (Khrushchev himself was a political commissar).

Also:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/146nApJbVFdSC50Hid1BaFlJyLbQGzH_Ghf4mAh_Qp4s/edit?pli=1

Endemic

Arcane
Combat Mission 2 did the Eastern Front much better (in terms of company-level combat), although it doesn't have a grand campaign (just scenarios and operations).

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Russians should apply to this case their customs of dealing with historically inaccurate journalism and make a few devs from Relic accidentally jump off their windows.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yeah, because god forbid we show anything that does not fit the patriotic bullshit that gets peddled as history in Russia. Rapes? What rapes?

There were some points raised in the long thread which are actually worth thinking about. Specifically when I think about the Red Army and the Great Patriotic War as they call it, rape is not the first thing I think about. Nor is it shooting up their own people. These are all facets of their story, and serious ones, but not the most important ones.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, because god forbid we show anything that does not fit the patriotic bullshit that gets peddled as history in Russia. Rapes? What rapes?

While we are at it, maybe also show American soldiers in raping german (or french) women, American soldiers running away from enemy, or attacking enemy while being not prepared fully for attack.

I bet at least for some Americans it happened in history.

I wonder why we never see this events in games with American PoV.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Russians should apply to this case their customs of dealing with historically inaccurate journalism and make a few devs from Relic accidentally jump off their windows.

I thought it was American custom of "dealing" in such way?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_attempts_on_Fidel_Castro

Russia is just learning from the Pro's.

p.s. Also why faces of soviet soldiers are from Negroid type? Russian are Slavs, not negroes. Link to see how Slavs look like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

While we are at it, maybe also show American soldiers in raping german (or french) women, American soldiers running away from enemy, or attacking enemy while being not prepared fully for attack.

I bet at least for some Americans it happened in history.

I wonder why we never see this events in games with American PoV.
I don't see your point. One thing is that nobody wants to do something and another thing is government forbidding them to do that. Sure, USA spends a lot on public relations and world-peace-keeping propaganda while occupying foreign lands, but if someone wanted to make a game/movie/book about the US atrocities and took it over the board using stupid stereotypes, their government wouldn't care. At worst some delicate teen kwans would be angry. Russia, however, wants to ban everything that doesn't depicts Russian army as a morally superior force.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't see your point. One thing is that nobody wants to do something and another thing is government forbidding them to do that. Sure, USA spends a lot on public relations and world-peace-keeping propaganda while occupying foreign lands, but if someone wanted to make a game/movie/book about the US atrocities and took it over the board using stupid stereotypes, their government wouldn't care. At worst some delicate teen kwans would be angry. Russia, however, wants to ban everything that doesn't depicts Russian army as a morally superior force.

If people are free to depict any race as they want in any light - why we dont see movies or games bashing.. i mean depicting in non-morally superior force of Amerikva, champ?

I have good idea, make game how your mother is being raped by some niggers - its just a game, right? It "could have happened" if not than "it could happen in future". Since nothing stops from making any game, lets play this game. What, champ, dont like it?

We dont like when some amerikwa morons are dancing on graves of our grandfathers (who also - side effect - died that said morons wouldnt get to burn in nazi conc camps since nazi were clear they want control full world).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
imgsaving-private-ryan4.jpg

This guys attack because they chose to.

And this guys only rush because of their own shooting them in backs.

enemy_l.jpg

Not like guys on second picture were actually defending their own country, not making attack on foreign soil, far from homeland, as guys in first picture.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
We dont like when some amerikwa morons are dancing on graves of our grandfathers (who also - side effect - died that said morons wouldnt get to burn in nazi conc camps since nazi were clear they want control full world).

Your ancestors were also dirty and drunken excuses of humans who executed civilians and raped anything that had two legs and a hole. My grandpa told me that those russian heroes; hardly even resembling humans, they were more like monkeys with wrapped feets and rifles hanging on strings, stealig faucets and sticking them in walls (yay!). Let's make a game about that, eh? Or about Putin finding Atlántida while scuba diving in his loo?

The only difference between Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia was that Germans had elegant and clean uniforms, plus now the fact that Germans don't dare to act edgy every time someone calls them on their historical shit.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Relic should do its research an shows that the Holocaust never happened too.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Your ancestors were also dirty and drunken excuses of humans who executed civilians and raped anything that had two legs and a hole. My grandpa told me that those russian heroes; hardly even resembling humans, they were more like monkeys with wrapped feets and rifles hanging on strings, stealig faucets and sticking them in walls (yay!). Let's make a game about that, eh? Or about Putin finding Atlántida while scuba diving in his loo?

Are you telling us that unwashed subhumans managed to beat professional and advanced german armies while mighty and glorious Poland surrendered within a month? And then failed in uprising against beaten and weary garrisons?

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
managed to beat professional and advanced german armies

You forgot to add that Germans were caught unprepared for the extremely harsh winter of 41-42 and that the enemy was already at the gates of Stalingrad where Stalin was shitting his pants and burning down his own country out of desperation.

Poland lost because our brave and heroic Russian friends stabbed us in the back.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Bitch please, they died because Hitler would have killed them anyway. None of them died to save the Kwa, which didn't need saving. You also conveniently forget how they were raping and plundering their way across East Europe before Saint Hitler showed up. Russia was just as bad as NAZI Germany during ww2. You only have the privilege to bitch because the NAZIs were a threat to the West and the West sets the narrative.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Poland lost because our brave and heroic Russian friends stabbed us in the back.

Wait, but soviets began to rape Poland sep 17 when all potato armies were already wasted by ubermensch Wermacht with loss ratio of 1:30. But I guess I am wrong - glorious cavalry charges against tank columns would surely turned the tide of war.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom