Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview SPACE HULK

Absalom

Absalom

Want it but... grossly overpriced.
30 bucks just to pre-order it, for those casually browsing.

Now, if the multiplayer had one player run the genestealers and the other the space marines like in the board games...

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
$30.00 for an animated board game, they can eat a dick. I'll pass, despite wanting to play Space Hulk. I wonder if they'll eventually release Dreadfleet?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't see anything wrong here, it's following the same pricing policy as GW's physical products :M

spectre

Arcane
Another thing to note is that these guys have said on their Jagged Alliance Kickstarter they'll be using some of the profits from Space Hulk to supplement money they've already raised.
Meh. I'm not funding their jagged alliance until they prove they can deliver above-shovelware quality. This Space Hulk doesn't look that bad, but desn't seem to warrant the price. Guess they're trying to overcompensate for Frontline Tactics, which was sold at the right price exactly.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I never understand why people won't pay 30 for a turn based computerized board game but will happily shell out 60 for the latest AAA game. Is there any wonder why publishers have abandoned turn-based games?

Absalom

I never understand why people won't pay 30 for a turn based computerized board game but will happily shell out 60 for the latest AAA game. Is there any wonder why publishers have abandoned turn-based games?
The last AAA game I bought was Deus Ex HR for $2.50. About 3$ even with the expansion during the sale. About how much they're worth.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Who here shells out $60 for the latest AAA games?

spectre

Arcane
Last time I shelled out $60 for a game on release was when they offered more than 20 hours worth of play time, just saying.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Last time I shelled out $60 for a game on release was when they offered more than 20 hours worth of play time, just saying.

Liar detected. Back when games offered more than 20 hours playtime they didn't cost that much. They were always at 30 until the Krazy Konsole pricing caught on recently.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Last game I paid 'D1P' price to was Torchlight 2 for... $12 after 2-pack preorder discount and selling the copy of TL1 I got with it. Last Triple A game I bought was (excluding System Shock 2) Borderplands 2 which Bruticis sold me for $5 since he got a key with his graphics card.

Re: Space Hulk pricing. It's $10 too much in light of the fact that Conquistadors and Shittyrun Retards were both $20. I suspect Wastelands 2 will be $30ish and that will be far more deep than this was just looks to be straight up combat.

Caim

Arcane
I'm curious as to what they'll add in this game. Will it just be campaign/skirmish/multiplayer, or more? How about customization, can we only play as the Blood Angels or as other chapters as well?

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Liar detected. Back when games offered more than 20 hours playtime they didn't cost that much. They were always at 30 until the Krazy Konsole pricing caught on recently.

WTH are you talking about? SNES games like Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI were $75. I think that's like $130 in today's dollars or something.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$75? Maybe in Australia or something. When I was growing up most NES (granted not SNES) games were $35-$50.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom